My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
rubenski

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by rubenski »

I want one of those too.

But have not yet found them for sale in my country.

Dont want to pay high shipping costs from the usa...

Im in belgium btw.
Better to be blown than to suck!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

You could try coolair here in the UK post should not be that high that's if they post to you?
This is all the mounts they do
https://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Category/0/ ... mance.html
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Here is what you want. It's nice if you find some longer studs and replace the ones you use to mount the support.
You can just back them out a bit but better to use longer ones.

https://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Item/Shop_b ... pport.html
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Yeah, found it.

I will create an account and see how much shipping will be.

Thanks!

Plus they have the billet dash knobs i was looking for.
Better to be blown than to suck!
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, I should pull my finger out and fit mine. I'm pretty over the noise and vibration of the trans straps. My trans already has all the lengthened studs ready to go. Procrastination. :(
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Yes pull your finger out and get it fitted 😁
Well I had an electrical fire yesterday 😠 lucky the bug didn't go up in flames. The dimmer switch earth wire melted and wiped out the hole loom that comes from the indicator unit.
petew

Post by petew »

:( Sorry man. That sucks.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

It bloody does I would post some photos but I just can't figure out how to down size them on this Huawei phone 😡
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Hi all the turbo bug ( BKUE THUNDER) is still running great although I had a close call the other day for some reason my wastegate failed to maintain my boost pressure at the set 8psi and ended up hitting 16 3 psi 🤪 don't know what went wrong or way still looking into it.
Anyway I'm looking to increase the engine size but wanted to know what size pistons and barrels to go with,
Should I play it safe with the thicker walled 90mm's or go with the thinker walled 94mm ones?
Also I'm wanting to increase the rev range of this new engine from 5500rpm (witch is my 1600 engines max) to 7000 rpm but to gain this increase should I stay with the sorter stroke 69mm crank or will a larger crank like a 78 mm or 82mm still be able to turn at these higher rpm's ?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Go thick wall 92s. I limit my 2276 to 7500, it gets there no problem.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Cheers mate 👍
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Hi all I'm back 😁
Has any one on here ever played around with a rear disc brake conversion on their bug and if so is it worth it?
Also I'm after more rpm's. When I first built this turbo engine I was more than happy to keep the rpm's down below 5000 rpm but now I've noticed that I'm now pushing this limit. I very often hit 6000rpm and the other night I was silly and hit 6532 rpm when I was going over my data log. So a CW crank is needed but is it worth stepping up the crank size to a 74mm to give me a 1699cc or just stick to a 69mm CW crank?
What's your opinions?
madmike

Post by madmike »

Hey Adam, what cam u running? Hell ya go big or 'stay on the porch'
78mm is my next build :lol: I set my shift lite @ 6000 but me being old sometime I shift at 7.5-8k :lol: sloooow reaction :lol: :lol: :lol:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Hi mate I'm only running a engle 100 cam and I must say it's working great.
I am really in two minds if I do or do not increase the engine cc's. My old 2276 motor was bloody amazing with great low end torque and often hit 7000rpm but she always ran hot on a long run and the mpg was not great and am a little afraid that if I built an engine of this size again and through a turbo on it it would all go wrong. Anyway this little 1600 is just as fast when on boost as the 2276 and I'm getting between 18-22 mpg out if it but I just want more rpm's. Now , and I know I'm going to get told off for doing this , I decided to see what the upper rpm limit was on this 1600 ( yes I know you should not go passed 5500rpm) so with a friend in the passer seat we set off and all he had to do was shout 7 if and when I hit 7000 rpm. So in first gear I flood it and in just seconds I hear "7" second gear and a second later 7 into third hit 8psi boost instantly then 7 into fourth needle goes way pass the 90 mph mark on the Speedo and I lost my bottle and called it a day. Had a look on the laptop and highest recorded rpm was 7281rpm. So long story short the little 1600 can easily get to 7K so when I change the crank do I even bother going for the 74mm one to give me a 1699cc engine ?
madmike

Post by madmike »

No put down from me I luv it 8) :lol: But if you go 74 mm you will have more torque then a 69mm :wink: plus the fact u won't need to go that high of RPM's to a do what that 1600 just did,, my 2276 runs hot when I boost alot like this past wknd I was burning out/ hole shot every few meters within minutes of each other ,, 4 oil coolers help I just backoff & cruise, temps come back down to 190-210*f ish. :shock: :lol: but normal driving on a trip= normal temps