My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
advinnie

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by advinnie »

Ha ha ha ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm so drunk at the minute, Belgium beer is so strong ๐Ÿ˜
petew

Post by petew »

advinnie wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:09 am No problems.
Well I've changed all the leads but here's an update Von the random misfire. Now when I get the misfire the rpm gauge also starts jumping aroubd, now the rpm gauge gets its signal from the negative side of the coil so I'm thinking is something earthing the coil causing the rpm gauge to jump around and the plug/ plugs to miss?
Disconnect the tach wire from the coil. Then try the motor again. If the misfire disappears it's the tach wire grounding on something. Check the wire for rubbing against sharp edges. My motor used to die on left hand turns. Lol :lol:
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

advinnie wrote:Ha ha ha Image
I'm so drunk at the minute, Belgium beer is so strong Image
It is, it supprises me everytime!
Better to be blown than to suck!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Rpm gauge disconnected and boy do I have a hang over from hell ๐Ÿคฎ
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Hahahahahahahaaaaa
madmike

Post by madmike »

Haha :lol: I don't miss hangovers one bit I quit 20yrs ago :lol:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Well the hangover is sorted, I fixed it by drinking now ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
Wow you must be mega old then ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

advinnie wrote: โ†‘Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:07 am Wow you must be mega old then ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
HA!! Have another one there, advinnie :lol:
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

I will ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
madmike

Post by madmike »

who me? I'm only 64 :lol:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Ha ha ha
Well I made it, 874 miles in a 46 year old bug with a bloody turbo bolted on it ๐Ÿ˜
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Right found my fault but not to Shaw what's going on.
First of the launch control kicking in was due to me I left it turned on and forgot to remove the wire and it was earthing and cause the launch control to kick in ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Any way back to my ignition problem, what is happening is that when I have the laptop connected and the engine at a steady rpm (let's say 2000 rpm) the software on the laptop is show a massive fluctuation in rpm anything from 1500 rpm to 4000rpm and cause of the fluctuation in rpm the ignition system is also advancing and retarding the time. So at 2000rpm my timing should be 20 degrees BTDC but cause the ignition unit is reading fluctuations up to 4000rpm the timing could be anything from 20 degrees to 38 degrees BTDC. Now at the same time my rpm gauge is also fluctuating, but my rpm gauge gets its signal from the negative side of the coil, the ignition unit is what's controlling the coil, and the ignition unit is getting is rpm/timing signal from the points in the distributor. I've now changed the distributor, the points, leads and coil but the fault is still there. Some times the fluctuations are so small you don't notice it but they are there and some times the rpm fluctuations are so great it advances the timing by up to 18 degrees to far for the correct engine rpm and almost stalls the engine and when at crusing speeds the fluctuations in timing cause by the ignition unit incorrect rpm signal cause the car to accelerate and brake when the throttle is held steady.
And other idea on why the laptop/ignition system is getting or showing fluctuating rpms?
Hope this makes sense
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I'd say bad connections?
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

That's what I thought but the only input/ signal the ignition unit gets is from the points and I've changed them
madmike

Post by madmike »

CB's black box? what do they say? :wink: I gave up on the fancy MSD boxes and simply lock the dizzy @24* single points and a blue coil ,,
only issue I've had since the swap(2 years) was my points wore closed :lol: ,,and it still ran just not to responsive to the throttle :lol: