My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by madmike »

I don't really like any of them,PITA to mount,
this one works and not to bad to install, but do make sure the stock nose cone mount is in good shape :wink:
solid mount on the bell housing ,and you won't never have to worry about it :lol:
forgot to mention I run 145 front tires ,they don't skid as much as the 135's :wink: :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Adam, give me some time(heading out the door) and I'll give you some good mount's to consider, thos empi's suck :roll: also 145's on the front way better then 135's :wink: :lol:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Cheer mate I will await your info πŸ˜€
buguy

Post by buguy »

I put CB Rhino mounts on mine a couple of months ago. No movement and don't seem to make too much noise. Solid mounts would suck to listen to while driving.
buguy

Post by buguy »

And 145's are way better than 135's?? They are only slightly bigger? Seems like I read they are less than 1/2" wider.
petew

Post by petew »

This is what you want...

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp ... D311%2D204

Straps and the like never fit properly and just make the car loud to drive. This is the best of the berg front mount, without having to weld things on. A kafer/truss bar kit is a good thing too. But don't buy the empi one. Make your own. Should only take you a few hours and you'll do a much better job. BTW, on that score, don't waste money on heim jointed ended and pre-tensioning. Makes no difference in reality.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yepper, That's the mid-mount I was gonna take a pic of,Thanks Pete :lol: :wink: solid mount on the bell housing :wink: and no more movement :wink:
and yes although them 145's are only slightly bigger they work awesome,
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Thanks lads IOU lot one πŸ˜€
Also today I had to get the bugs ( blue thunder ) car insurance sorted. So like a good boy I told them it's no longer a basic 1200 cc beetle and that it's a 1600 turbo and declared all the modifications I've done to it and boy did the insurance cost go up and now I'm not sure if I can afford to run it as a turbo bug any more 😠
The cost as a basic 1200 cc bug was only Β£178.24 and now it's a 1600 turbo and I declare all the modifications on it it went up to Β£195.76 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
These cars are so cheap to insure it's unbelievable
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I looked at that mid-mount too for my buggy,

How do you mount it?

Drill trough the framehorns?
Better to be blown than to suck!
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Nevermind, looked it up on youtube.
Better to be blown than to suck!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Mine is solid mounted, not what I'd recommend for a high mileage street cruiser though. I also use this http://www.kustom1warehouse.net/Bolt_on ... 7-2975.htm. I use their 1" version. It seems to keep things in place pretty well. I can launch the car on slicks at full boost at 6500rpm and it leaves the line nice and smooth. On the street I run 215/65s and either 145/65(3.5" rim) or 155/60s(5.5" rim). I'm not a fan of 145s on a car that sits low. Too much rubbing. The lower profile Smart Car tires are awesome for VWs.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Man I looked it up and that size smart car tire is short! I mean like an inch shorter than my 135's! That's tiny! But if I remember right they were about an inch wider too. I don't get any rubbing on my 135's but I'm 5" narrow too. I'm going to try some 215's on the back once these 205's wear out a little. I only have like 8 miles on them or I'd do it now. Although I really like the look of some meaty street slicks!!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

How much for an EMPI solid strap mount kit??? :shock:
Front and rear are $52 here. (both, total)
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Chip Birks wrote: ↑Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm Mine is solid mounted, not what I'd recommend for a high mileage street cruiser though. I also use this http://www.kustom1warehouse.net/Bolt_on ... 7-2975.htm. I use their 1" version. It seems to keep things in place pretty well. I can launch the car on slicks at full boost at 6500rpm and it leaves the line nice and smooth. On the street I run 215/65s and either 145/65(3.5" rim) or 155/60s(5.5" rim). I'm not a fan of 145s on a car that sits low. Too much rubbing. The lower profile Smart Car tires are awesome for VWs.
I was looking at this one as well. So what do the rest think on this kit?
The problem I have with the front tyres is that due to my ride height and still running a stock width beam and 5.5" wide wheels with only a ET of 25mm I can only run 135's up front even 145's rub.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Yes that kit is a good one ,will keep the frame horn from flexing, helps eliminate wheel Hop :wink: 8)
My front end is 5 " narrow too, disc brake, and no rubbing unless i turn real sharp :roll: :lol: