My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
advinnie

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by advinnie »

Any one on here running a 2 step rev limiter?
I’ve got one on my CB performance black box and was wondering if it’s worth setting up or am I likely to break something with it?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I'm scared to use mine..........
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I would have to try it a couple times! They are so awesome!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

advinnie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:35 pm Any one on here running a 2 step rev limiter?
I’ve got one on my CB performance black box and was wondering if it’s worth setting up or am I likely to break something with it?
I use mine, works real good, there's not much like launching a turbo car at big rpm with full boost. Are you planning to drag race your car? I see no reason to use it unless that is your intention. Great way to shorten turbo life, and destroy a transmission in a hurry.
buguy

Post by buguy »

No reason?!?! How bout leaving a red light on a crowded street with your bad ass turbo bug?! Just to let everyone know what's up!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

buguy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:20 pm No reason?!?! How bout leaving a red light on a crowded street with your bad ass turbo bug?! Just to let everyone know what's up!
I guess thats true, lol. I've put a ton of effort in to make mine as stealth as possible. Everything under the decklid, muffler that makes it actually quiet-ish, ugly paint. I quite enjoy cruising without getting harassed by every Honduh, Mustang, and Diesel truck I stop next to. I do like to let the monster come out to play on occasional freeway on-ramps though, I tend to avoid launching unless I have to. I only want to build that $2500 transmission once.
madmike

Post by madmike »

like Chip sez ,, mostly use for 'Racing' , I had one when I run MSD stuff , but didn't need/use it :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

I watched some of your videos last night chip. I bet you would shock a lot of people with that thing!
terryly

Post by terryly »

chip has videos?
Terry Lytle
Canada
8.5-1 comp
JE forged pistons
Porsche piston squirters
30mm triple "O"ring pump
Web 86 a
1.4 ratio rocker
MS3 PRO ecu
Mini Cam Sync
LS2 coil
50mm Throttle body
TD04L-13T Turbo
SL-1 Turbo prepped heads
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Show us some videos
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

advinnie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 am Show us some videos
The good ones I have are here. There are a couple on facebook and such, but not posted by me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFEZ2D ... uGLyXUUtRg
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

You have the charge pipe running trough the fan shroud?

Any issues with that?
Better to be blown than to suck!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Chip Birks wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 am
advinnie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 am Show us some videos
The good ones I have are here. There are a couple on facebook and such, but not posted by me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFEZ2D ... uGLyXUUtRg
Nice 😁
It makes me want to go racing now
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

rubenski wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:59 am You have the charge pipe running trough the fan shroud?

Any issues with that?
Not that I've seen. Temps on each head and cylinder are pretty consistent across the board. I don't take it one super long trips, but it'll do 40 miles each way to the race track with no problem. I might be reconfiguring things in the next year or so and that will probably be changing, it makes it less than fan to R&I the engine, although its the pipes going into the plenums that really makes it a tight fit.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Hi all just an update on how things are going.
I’m now hitting my limit of 10 psi boost witch is nice but it was still leaning out around 9/10 psi to 11.7:1 on the A/F so stepped up the mains from 152 to 160’s and that has now brought my A/F ratio back to 10.7:1 but there is such a fine line between having the correct A/F ratio when on boost and not being to rich when off of boost witch is now the new problem 😡
Still looking into meth injection not for anymore performance but to just help cool the charged air down