My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
advinnie

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by advinnie »

kangaboy wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 am
advinnie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:47 amUnfortunately with two boys 3 & 6 years old I have no time to play around and tinker with the bug any more.
I get the parenting thing, but don't make any rash decisions. Just keep the bug around for weekend driving. Anyone who ever sold one always talks about how much they wish they had it back. Just sit on it for a while.
It's not just the kids but I've had enough of constantly fouled plugs it's doing my head in. If I drop down a size on the idles the engine will not tick over at all, if I stay with the same size idles and just increase the air hole to lean them out the engine will not idle. So 45F8' is the size my engine idles best with and drives/accelerates with. If I down size the mains I get detonation at a low psi boost level (6psi). Yes EFI is the way but do I really want to splash out £1,500 ($2,000) on this car?
Do all draw through turbo set ups foul plugs?
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

I don't think its possible to get the correct fueling using a carb on a draw through or blow through turbo. There's always going to be a point in the low/mid range that isn't correct. The top end fueling isn't that hard to do.
petew

Post by petew »

Hang on a minute. The bug has 5 seats but the Porsche only has 2. Bug seems like a better family car than the boxter. My kids love the bug and tell me never to sell it.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You can install FI and a better turbo system for around 2000 grand.....that's about two payments on that Porsche..
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I say its everybody's own choise.

I sold my 64 bug 2 years ago to buy my 68 manx buggy.

Everybody told me i would regret selling the bug and going from 5 seats to 2 seats like you guys say here.

Untill this day i have'nt.

Do what you want, you have to drive it. Not us...
Better to be blown than to suck!
petew

Post by petew »

madmike

Post by madmike »

Yea Chip ,you saw my old 917 8) it resides in SLC :lol: :lol: he did a great job with the interior 8)
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Well I couldn't do it, I couldn't sell the bug for the Porsche in the end 😁
She is now all wrapped up for the winter and I'm going to try and fit some Audi TT seats up front.
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

advinnie wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:07 am Well I couldn't do it, I couldn't sell the bug for the Porsche in the end 😁
She is now all wrapped up for the winter and I'm going to try and fit some Audi TT seats up front.
Will those be a little too wide? I put seats from a Celica GT up front. One of the best mods I have done to date.
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

I hope not, I'm still mocking it all up at the moment if they are I will just put them on the bin.
On a different note can you lot post up what heat range plugs you are all using. I'm trying NGK 4 heat range plugs witch h should be a lot hotter then the stock 5's and 6's plugs to help while I set things up but they seems to be working great, I would if thought plugs this hot would of cause detonation ?
Was under the impression that turbo engines should be running cooler plugs than stock one something around a 8/9 heat range plug (NGK plugs)
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

advinnie wrote:Well I couldn't do it, I couldn't sell the bug for the Porsche in the end Image
So no porsche, that frees up some more funds for efi?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

kangaboy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 am

Will those be a little too wide? I put seats from a Celica GT up front. One of the best mods I have done to date.
You had me worried about the seats so I had to go and check and yes they will fit. The stock seat base is 20" wide and so is the back rest and the Adui TT seats are the same size thank god.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

rubenski wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 am
advinnie wrote:Well I couldn't do it, I couldn't sell the bug for the Porsche in the end Image
So no porsche, that frees up some more funds for efi?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk
Yes EFI is on the cards but I have to say I doubt it's going to happen for a year or two. I have to much other stuff to get done first.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Just curious what ignition coils are you lot running?
Mine is getting hot and dieing so needs changing but do I go for a stock one again or a mad blaster as coil?
Open to all opinions
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

I have 4, LS2 truck coils.
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build