What compression ratio should I be running on a turbo bug

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
buguy

Re: What compression ratio should I be running on a turbo bug

Post by buguy »

And damn. A gm intake sensor is only $20! I could hook one of those in and connect it to my Fluke for next to nothing. Doesn't seem like something that you would really need to monitor all the time.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

The intake is cold before the turbo because you have frost on your intake. The intake temps after the turbo are what you are concerned about.
Your after turbo IAT's will depend on the ambient intake temps which in your case are lowered by the fuel and venturi effect and how much boost you will run.
10 psi will double your intake temps if the air going in is at 80 degrees. After turbo temps will be 165 degrees.
With the cooling effect of the fuel your ambient temps will be a lot lower I would guess.

You could possibly put your Fluke temp sensor against the intake after the Tee but I doubt it will react fast enough to get an accurate reading.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I guess I've never heard of anyone reading the IAT on a drawthrough. I've seen some using WI but they must have just been guessing at how much to spray.
petew

Post by petew »

buguy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:12 am I guess I've never heard of anyone reading the IAT on a drawthrough. I've seen some using WI but they must have just been guessing at how much to spray.
Just set the injectors so the carb is overflowing with water, then back it off a touch. :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

Maybe I could just run a separate fuel pump and pump water into my secondarys on the carb. Make it like a 2 barrel with built in W/I!!!!
66brm

Post by 66brm »

buguy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm Maybe I could just run a separate fuel pump and pump water into my secondarys on the carb. Make it like a 2 barrel with built in W/I!!!!
:lol: Nah too technical, just pour the mix straight into the fuel tank and let the fuel pump pump it and the carb meter it out...
buguy

Post by buguy »

By the looks of my tank I must have tried that a long time ago!