EFI parts gathering

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: EFI parts gathering

Post by Clonebug »

buguy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:38 pm Well I only asked because I see new Holley's for around $60.
You could probably run the Holley if it is boost referenced and is adjustable. You need to run 43.5 lbs. fuel pressure and also reference to boost so it goes up when boost goes up.
The stock German one is at 43.5 lbs by default and has a connection for a hose to the intake runner.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Biggest difference will be the the ability to adjust pressure, as well as having the ability to run any hose you want.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

That's one of the best parts of MS EFI.....you can do it whichever way you want. There are many different ways to accomplish the same thing.
You get to pick which one works best for you.
You are the engineer and the mechanic...... 8) :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Why would the regulator need to be boost referenced? Boost shouldn't affect injectors?
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

My FI regulator is boost ref also. 1:1

Better to be blown than to suck!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

buguy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 pm Why would the regulator need to be boost referenced? Boost shouldn't affect injectors?
Good read here covers carb, then efi.
http://fuelab.com/11-boost-reference-fu ... egulators/
buguy

Post by buguy »

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought boost pressure would have affected injectors.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

At 43.5 lbs fuel pressure and then pushing back at 22 lbs.....that leaves only 21.5 lbs of fuel pressure left. What do you think that would do for tuning it.
You need a steady pressure. Boost referencing keeps it at a steady 43.5 lbs at all times.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Well then I better boost reference it!
buguy

Post by buguy »

So I'm thinking ahead to wiring. I've heard a couple guys mention the extra time it takes to remove the engine. Suppose it would be worth while to put a weather pack connector at the firewall so you could just unplug the entire engine harness and pull it with the engine?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

buguy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 am So I'm thinking ahead to wiring. I've heard a couple guys mention the extra time it takes to remove the engine. Suppose it would be worth while to put a weather pack connector at the firewall so you could just unplug the entire engine harness and pull it with the engine?
I did that at one point, then added more wires to the system. In the end I removed that plug. I think I'd need 2 or 3 to do the job in my engine compartment now. I don't like the bulk of the connector. I now have 6 or 7 smaller ones that I unplug with 8 to 10 wires each. That way there is no big harness hanging out in the engine compartment to pinch when stabbing the motor in next time. It all comes out with the engine. I'm going to reconfigure again though. Still trying to find the best method.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I guess maybe I should lay it out on paper and see how many wires I will have and how many I might have if I do any upgrades.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

What do you allready have?
Better to be blown than to suck!
buguy

Post by buguy »

Nothing yet
buguy

Post by buguy »

Wait I forgot. I have a fuel pressure regulator coming. Thanks for the find Clone.