Wastegate and Blow off setup??

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Navman1492

Wastegate and Blow off setup??

Post by Navman1492 »

I have blow thru dual tb efi setup and I'm trying to figure out how the vacuum lines go for the wastegate and blow off valve. Right this sec my vacuum setup is TB to a tee to another tee that goes to FPR then to EMS. I have vacuum ports on my intake manifolds too. Just trying to figure out vacuum line setup for the wastegate and blow off valve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slowsixtyduece

Re: Wastegate and Blow off setup??

Post by slowsixtyduece »

Heres a simple drawing I did to illustrate how my vacuum lines for the WG & blow off valve were to be routed. I decided to tap into the cool side of my turbo compressor and run my WG off of there, but the WG can be tapped into just about any part of the intake track post turbo and pre-throttle plate. BOV must come after vacuum to actuate the BOV itself. Hope this helps. When theres a million other things to do to get a motor up and running, its easy to forgot how things should go (at least for me)

Just so theres no confusion, here are what the abbreviations mean (pretty self explanatory):
FPR=Fuel Pressure Regulator
WG=Wastegate
BOV=Blow off Valve
MAP=Manifold Air Pressure Sensor
Vacuum-line-routing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

I having been getting all of my vacuum/boost signals from below the throttle plate. Has worked well for me.
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
slowsixtyduece

Post by slowsixtyduece »

I having been getting all of my vacuum/boost signals from below the throttle plate. Has worked well for me.
Kenric
Me too. I dont think you can get accurate signals if you are mounting before the throttle plate. At least with my setup the MAP needs to see both boost and vacuum and the best place for it is right after the TB plate in the intake tract, before the intake ports on the head(s).
Navman1492

Post by Navman1492 »

Appreciate all the info. I'm using Megasquirt MS3 with built in expansion so it has MAP built into the box and that's where I found the vacuum setup diagram for FPR, EMS, and TB. As you can probably see I'm new to all this Turbo EFI stuff. Definitely a lot to learn and read about.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Your Map Sensor and BOV needs to see Vac/Boost. I have mine hooked up on the intake just below the TB. I put a tee in the line to go to both the MAP and BOV. It also goes to the stock German FPR to give it a vac/boost signal.

Here you can see the Vac/boost nipple in the back of the intake.

My turbo compressor outlet is hooked to the Electronic Boost Controller and the two Hobbes Switches. The EBC then sends the regulated boost signal back the the wastegate to control how much boost I set in the ECU.

Here you can kind of see the hoses running to the EBC and the Hobbes and also coming from the intake connector and teeing off to go to the ECU.
It does get a little busy there.

Here is the line to the BOV.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.