ideal intercooler on turbo aircooled engine

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
lakis1982

ideal intercooler on turbo aircooled engine

Post by lakis1982 »

Hello,

I am trying to find the ideal intercooler to use it for my oxyboxer Turbo EFI engine that will sit on my karmann ghia..
However i cant find anything convenient....Can anyone post a link where i could find an intercooler that has 1 inlet port and two outlet ports that will feed my twin (left and right) throttle bodies ???
I have found intercooler for twin turbo that geometrically look with what im searching for (see attached image), however they have 2 inlets and 1 outlet instead of 1 inlet and 2 outlets...

Thanks a lot in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
66brm

Re: ideal intercooler on turbo aircooled engine

Post by 66brm »

Um mm, just feed it backwards... They don't have a mandatory flow direction
behappy

Post by behappy »

Are ooking for something like this.

http://www.turboboxer.de
panel

Post by panel »

Buy two Golf/Jetta side mount cores for cheap and weld a new end tank it them .
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
buguy

Post by buguy »

Couldn't you just T it off after the single outlet?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I have an intercooler I just added last fall. I don't have a lot of time on it nor have I run it in warm weather but so far I see at least 30 degrees of drop on top of my W/I cooling.
It's not the most efficient setup due to placement but it cost me almost nothing and it does work.
It worked well enough to keep my IAT's down to 73* F with ambient temps of 38-42* F. at 20.5 lbs boost on the dyno. I usually see boosted temps of 135-140* in the fall and spring with up to 170* in the heat of summer.
Boosted IAT's would normally be at 265* F. and up without any cooling at 22 lbs.

The W/I drops temps about 100 degrees and the intercooler is a bonus after that.

The couple runs I did last fall dropped the temps from 135-140* down to 107* by adding the intercooler. I now also have the fan operating by ECU control depending on boost and IAT's.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

buguy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am Couldn't you just T it off after the single outlet?
Thats what I do...
Andy Somogyi

Post by Andy Somogyi »

Take a look at the Subaru WRX intercooler, one inlet, two outlets.

That’s the one I plan on using.

Sell for about $100 or so on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
petew

Post by petew »

The big challenges for most of us are;
1. Space
2. Rear mount

I thought through a lot of this and ended up using a water/air system. I'd strongly recommend looking at Porsche (rear mount) intercooler systems too. They have all the same issues as we do, without some of the restrictions of working with a set body shape.
Krochus

Post by Krochus »

I love the looks of this. I could mount this directly over my engine on my rail and kill two birds with one stone. Have an intercooler and split the charge to my dual IDF’s