Rayjay turbo ID help

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Farmer365

Rayjay turbo ID help

Post by Farmer365 »

I have a Rayjay turbo which I believe is an E-flow based on the 6 reinforcement ribs on the compressor. I need to have it rebuilt. The ID tag on the compressor outlet is missing. I took it to a shop that supposedly rebuilds turbos but they were unable to determine which parts to order.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Farmer365 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clonebug

Re: Rayjay turbo ID help

Post by Clonebug »

Looks like it came from a diesel tractor.

Are you rebuilding it for the OEM reinstall or is it for a turbo project on an aircooled engine????

You can buy a junkyard turbo in good shape for $20.00-$100.00.
A rebuild usually is priced at $495.00 and up if having it done.

Miniman on here and theSamba deals with Rajay turbos but might it only be the Corvair ones.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Mini hasn't posted in ages :cry:
Farmer365

Post by Farmer365 »

It is a custom install on a diesel tractor. I just thought I’d ask you guys because you are very knowledgeable on Rayjay turbos. I haven’t been able find anyone in the diesel tractor world that can id it. I’ve read many of Miniman’s posts regarding Rayjays and was really hoping he would comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Miniman is also on theSamba so you could try to pm him on either forum....

Post all the serial and part numbers that are on that turbo and I’ll see if I can get any hits on what it’s for.
Post pics of the serial tag also.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Farmer365

Rayjay turbo ID help

Post by Farmer365 »

Clonebug wrote:Miniman is also on theSamba so you could try to pm him on either forum....

Post all the serial and part numbers that are on that turbo and I’ll see if I can get any hits on what it’s for.
Post pics of the serial tag also.
The only number I can find is on the compressor. It’s stamped into the side of the casting where the ID tag should be. The number is “10409”. You can see it in one of the pictures in my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage