1979 VW Type II Engine $500.

rockerarm

1979 VW Type II Engine $500.

Post by rockerarm »

I have for sale a near complete 1979 Type II, 2.0L, "GE" series, fuel injected engine. This engine is approx 95 percent complete. It has the complete long block, all the sheetmetal, and exhaust. It even has the electronic ign distr and the module. The only items missing are the air filter assy and the AFM.
I am not able to start it up on the ground, so I can not verify the internals, but engine turns over easy with a wrench. I performed a leakdown test and all 4 cyls were between 5-10 percent leakage. So, with that said, I can not guarantee that it runs. It is being sold as a core. I am in the Los Angeles area. I would venture to say it would best be sold in the So Cal area, as shipping would be expensive.
My e-mail is [email protected] Thanks, Bill
kangaboy

Re: 1979 VW Type II Engine $500.

Post by kangaboy »

Willing to part the exhaust system?
The last piece of the puzzle to fire up my 76 Westy.
rockerarm

Post by rockerarm »

Hi, I do not think the exhaust would work. The engine is a Calif only, with square port heads. I can't 100% confirm this as it is difficult to tip this engine upside down to look. There is a fellow westy guy here in So Cal, and he said he would have bought it just for the exhaust if it was NOT the Calif version. Thx for the inquiry, Bill
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

Well the California exhaust is what i need!!
Hope you check this out and maybe still have it lol