Can you still buy a 3" lift kit for a Thing?

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

I am interested to hear if contact is made and they still offer the Thing lift kit. Please keep us all informed. Thanks
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

I'd really just like to buy the front piece that goes over the tunnel. The rest I'm gonna build from scratch. I'm not a big fan of the c channel lift kits, they don't make good mount points for nerf bars or roll cages.

Someday if Timmy traces out that piece, I'll be golden.

I am having a heck of a time finding a suitable Thing for this project.
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
Mattt

Post by Mattt »

Turbo_Manx_Maniac wrote:I'd really just like to buy the front piece that goes over the tunnel. The rest I'm gonna build from scratch. I'm not a big fan of the c channel lift kits, they don't make good mount points for nerf bars or roll cages.

Someday if Timmy traces out that piece, I'll be golden.

I am having a heck of a time finding a suitable Thing for this project.
The Up Yer Bug is not C channel, it is rectangular tubing. The 3 front pieces are cast aluminum. The 3 rear/side pieces are steel rectangular tubing. You would probably want the two other cast aluminum side/front pieces traced as well as they are curved and not straight like on a Bug.

Someone building a Thing picked up a Thing body lift from McKenzies or Kartek not too long ago if I remember correctly. He posted about it on Samba. Speaking of which......I have a gift cert. at McKenzies that I'd love to get cashed in. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I need there as most of my stuff is done, but I'd love to get it cashed in by someone using it.....
Iguana

Re:

Post by Iguana »

Kubelmann wrote:I am interested to hear if contact is made and they still offer the Thing lift kit. Please keep us all informed. Thanks

An old thread but They have a website now !! - http://upyerbug.com/
Buy a Kit, Build a Dream