181 Swap and Sell

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
Bob Ingman

181 Swap and Sell

Post by Bob Ingman »

In the past we`ve used this thread as our own 181 classifieds. Its good to begin again periodically.
If you have for sale items or wanted items this is the place to display them.
If they are not 181 items then use the STF general classifieds. Good luck. Bob Ingman

In the name of Bob Ingam I say Bump

Lets get STf back to a tech forum for Thing owners.. K-mann
Last edited by Bob Ingman on Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rollin900

Pans Wanted

Post by rollin900 »

I am looking for a good set of metal floorpans. I have some fibergalss ones if someone can give me a decent price. I would also like a good passenger front fender, and also looking for seat tracks. I am very negotiable to the price.

Nick
Bob Ingman

Post by Bob Ingman »

Nick I got my metal pans from Things Unlimited now www.thingparts.com They were good pans at a good price.
For a front fender after being hit by a deer I pounded it out in a couple of hours it was straight and filled. Fenders can be such a hastle when the bolts are rusted and beading is bad. If its a driver give it a try before going to the expense and labor of swapping.
I think Mike Basso(Thing Parts.com) will also have the seat tracks you need. He has both new and used items galore. Good luck. Bob Ingman
Bruce2

Thing locking gas cap

Post by Bruce2 »

I just listed this Thing locking gas cap on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2442099595

GONE!
Last edited by Bruce2 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Howdy...

I'll join in.

I'm looking for exterior bars etc.... hood luggage rack... front tube bumper over riders....

will take rusty and/or broken and rework.

please send details to the following address

[email protected]

timmy
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

I have two full sets of original front Thing brake parts to include drums, shoes, cylinders and all associated parts. I also have a few pairs of Thing rear diagonal arms. All parts are factory original parts in great condition. A pair of orignal Thing front seats are available. Also a pair of complete rear axles with CVs and boots.
K-mann
Last edited by Kubelmann on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Add to my christmas list.

Looking for a pair of Thing Axles with or without CVs on them.

Email details (location and budget) to [email protected]

Can trade also.

Thanks

Timmy
Bob Ingman

Post by Bob Ingman »

Airhead while youre looking for thing axles and joints also look for the same from the Porsche 924/944. They are identical and usually sell for about one quarter of the price. Best of luck. Bob Ingman
Capn Skully

Post by Capn Skully »

I have two pairs of axles. I would rather take the CVs off since they are old and not reliable. What are they worth?
Capn Skully

MORE THING Parts for Sale...

Post by Capn Skully »

I have three complete Beetle Spindle and torsion arms sets for sale. Buy as much or as little as you need. These parts will let you lower your Thing.

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=60163

I also have front and rear brake drum backing plates for 1973 Thing. $20.00 each. $75.00 for the whole set. Front Left and Right are interchange able. Rear Left and Right are not. Each piece has been cleaned and treated with POR-15.

I have one set of spreader bars and e-brake pulls for the rear brakes on a THING. $7.00 for the set delivered in the US. Contact me for part numbers. Each piece has been cleaned and treated with POR-15

I have four front THING wide five drums and two rear drums. $45.00 each drum + Shipping Charges. The front drums need new bearings. The outside of the drums have been wire brushed and painted with POR-15 In the case of brake drums please take them to be turned. If they can't be turned return the drum and I will refund the purchase price. I won't have them turned because they rust in storage.

I have two plain Thing door handles and the internal hardware. $15.00 per set shipped anywhere in the US. Foreign orders contact me for shipping charges.

I have one Thing door handle with the lock cylinder and all internal door hardware. NO KEY you will have to get a lock smith to create a key or re-key to fit your keys. $20.00 shipped anywhere in the US. Foreign orders contact me for shipping charges.

All of my parts have a money back guarantee. If you are disatisfied in any way with your purchase, doesn't fit, broken, or don't like the color I will refund the purchase price upon return of the part. Sorry I don't refund shipping charges. I will ship parts anywhere in world, just be aware of high shipping costs on heavy items.

I take PayPal but I have to add 6% for the PayPal surcharges. Money Orders, Cashiers Checks accepted. Personal Checks take 10 days to clear. Foreign orders must use PayPal, my bank charges $30.00 to cash and convert foreign money orders or cashiers checks.
Capn Skully

Post by Capn Skully »

MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Thanks for this Thread Bob.

I've located many things on my want list... (push bar, hood rack, tire rack, top boot, etc)

Still looking for the following
--Vinyl Top (Spare)
--Front Brush Guard

Have tons of trade parts avail if interested.
suntour

Post by suntour »

Hi There,

Anyone have a spare electric motor from a BN4 heater that they would like to sell? Mine seems to be having a few issues?

Thanks to Bob Ingman for making "181 Swap and Sell" a sticky!

*update* found some spare parts! Just have to finish the transaction, and I just might have some heat.

P.S. Mike Basso @ Things Unlimited has heater cores for $75.00 if anyone else needs heater stuff.
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

Not only do I have a "plethora"of Thing parts that I would like to trade, I just had a long talk with a "former" Thingster who has an extensive inventory of primo Thing parts -- fenders, wiper motors, mirrors and more. His prices are way out of line but he lives just down the road and I intend to work to get the parts for us. Anyone interested email me so we can work out a plan for a group buy.

My Thing parts currently available include

6 stock Thing rims
like new gas tank
rear diagonal arms
two front sets one rear set of complete Thing brakes
tons of other small parts

K-mann
Last edited by Kubelmann on Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICKERACER

Post by RICKERACER »

Anyone have a good used Thing locker for sale? Thanks, Rick