KART

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: KART

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

014.JPG
015.JPG
This is the way I went at it. I do not recommend it as it just got too complicated.

No front brakes on my off-road rig.
IMG_0280.JPG
IMG_0281.JPG
This is the way the rear end is now. Still not completely plumbed as there is a lot of changes I now want to make.

Way back in, I think it was in, the 50's they (the government) stopped allowing just anyone, other than a trained tech, to flair and plumb brake lines. Too much copper was used which failed quickly especially on hard braking. The double flairs were splitting on forming too but a couple of years later they came out with a new brake line material that wasn't quite so brittle so we were then allowed to make our own bends and flairs. Right now I am mixing double flair with bubble flair brake lines.

Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sepi

Post by Sepi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 am

Lee, your pedal cluster is really more complicated, but if you get it right, it will be good and updated.

I went to my garage this morning and painted the chassis. Not 100 % perfect, but good enough.

I still wonder that grey, It looks so pale, when 120W LED spotlights are on, but on normal garage lights, it's quite dark - as I wanted.

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am

I just noticed, you have a rotisserie like mine! :shock: :lol: They sure are handy to have which building stuff.

As to the color, OK but it will disappear as soon as the carpet is installed :wink: . Looks very good and it does makes you feel good when you know that the stuff you don't see is done right and protecting you.

Lee

petew

Post by petew » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Just found this thread. Awesome stuff. Had a similar idea the other day. Keep up the good work! :)

Sepi

Post by Sepi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:21 pm

I assumed some challenges to paint tubes and it really was true. Powder coating was recommended, but I wanted to try ordinary paints at my garage. So, one by one, mistakes and succees - compromizing more and more often is the way to go. And even my aim is to make a quality finish, this KART is for roads and use!

Some parts hanging after new coat of gloss acryl

Sepi

Post by Sepi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 am

Next challenge is hanging ready for paint-BBQ. Engine stands are quite usable with some modifications