I have not a clue, do you? Up date -moving on !

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
ALYKAT III

I have not a clue, do you? Up date -moving on !

Post by ALYKAT III »

This came into my hands a while back. I wasn't interested in the body, just the chassis it was resting on. It kind of looks like an Avenger/GT 12 style, but this is just an outside shell. No inner panels or supports main body is one piece with just the ducktail section of the back end separated from the main section. I intend to sell it ( going to ask for $350...that's less than the value of the windshield and back glass... seem like a fair price ?) as I have no desire to try and build it .I have both doors, hood, rear section, front & back glass. I'd just like to know what it is before I spend a lot of time trying to find a home for it. I did find a GT 12 assembly manual and although it does look similar , it doesn't look the same. Any ideas , clues, hints, ? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ALYKAT III on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
letterman7

Re: I have not a clue, do you?

Post by letterman7 »

There were a number of manufacturers that produced a GT40 replicas, but this is most definitely an Avenger. I think there were several "levels" of kit available, and not all had the opening hood on the front. Might be nice for someone to throw on a tube chassis and finish the interior to their liking. I think your asking price is reasonable for what it is.
R
ALYKAT III

Re: I have not a clue, do you?

Post by ALYKAT III »

Well, one of the semi-local guys picked this shell up. His plan (similar to that suggested by letterman7) is a "birdcage" type tube chassis with a late model fwd set up mounted in the rear. He has just finished a 2.3 Ford into a Jeep project, and now wants to build something sporty.