1970's kit car of 1939 Mercedes- turn signal relay

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
68Beetlenut

1970's kit car of 1939 Mercedes- turn signal relay

Post by 68Beetlenut »

A freind of mine is trying to get her fathers old kit car inspected to drive. The turn signals are not working. I traced the wires and got the one set of relays to work, but there is a second relay in line with the flashers/turn signals. Tried to get one local but no luck not knowing what car it came from. The first box coming from the signal lever, has two relays and they are glued in place with the wires soldered into them. From there the wires go to a second relay, then to the individual signal lamps. The first set of relays click when I hit the lever left or right. But the second relay does nothing, even when the flashers are switched on. It is a Bosch 0332515018. The only references I can find are Porche 914 high/low beam relay. Any ideas? The wiring on this thing is a mess.
Dale M.

Re: 1970's kit car of 1939 Mercedes- turn signal relay

Post by Dale M. »

Most times in cases where you have a real wiring disaster, you sort of have to cut it all loose and start over, specially with odd ball off the wall hard to find parts.... Its to simple and to use easy to get parts and develop a easy solution to wiring problems to struggle with a lot of unknowns....

Wires soldered to relay terminals tells me its a disaster with out even seeing it....

There are only two different things driving turn signal operation, one is does it use a combined (two filament) bulb in rear (stop + turn) or is it a single filament bulb for turn signal only....

Lots of diagrams and solutions and explanations here.... Use search feature ...

http://www.mydune-buggy.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10001

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"