Bradley Heat

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
tallqball

Bradley Heat

Post by tallqball »

Has anyone added a heater to a Bradley GT (I not II) with a header exhaust?

Not sure how possible it would be to put a gas heater up front, or how smart. I live in Michigan, need something to keep the windows from fogging some days.

Thanks!!
wolfgang

Post by wolfgang »

A BN2 or BN4 (for Michigan) Eberspacher gas heater either up front or even in the back would do the job. Speedster replica owners do it all the time. Ebers does make a new gas heater ($1200) if you don't want to refurbish a 30 year old model. If you get a used one make sure you get the gas pump with it (and switch).
tallqball

Post by tallqball »

Thanks for the info. Seems like a BN4 would be preferable 'cause you can vary the heat. Can run more heat for a "top out" day, etc.

Do you know a site to find size information of the two units?

Thanks again,

Dave
wolfgang

Post by wolfgang »

Just do a google search on manf and model you'll get lots of hits including install and maintenance manuals. SAMBA also has the manual for the older BN2 under Technical/manuals. Although the BN4 is adjustable -- its also 2+ times the size of the BN2. Its designed for the soft top Thing/T181 and the Bus/T2. Stewart-Warner (INSTAHEAT) also made one that a little more square vice torpedo looking. They seem to be cheaper to buy.
tallqball

Post by tallqball »

Thanks Wolfgang,

The Ebay pictures weren't showing me the size comparison so well. I'll do some surfing and measuring, and see what will work. Thanks!

Dave