direct injection waterboxer.

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
Passatman

direct injection waterboxer.

Post by Passatman »

Has anyone tried this as yet, is there any any space left in the head to try this.
Stripped66

Re: direct injection waterboxer.

Post by Stripped66 »

I've thought about this from time to time (at least with the air-cooled heads on my oxyboxer), and the only way I'd attempt it is to run the sparkplug on the bottom of the chamber (such as you would if you modified your heads for dual plugs), and run the injector in the stock spark-plug location. Two things are preventing me from seriously looking into this: the cost of direct-injectors, and the lack of injector timing control with most (all?) aftermarket ECUs.

I know Lance from Redline claims the 882C can tune the phasing of the injection event, especially for sequential injection applications; at the very least this would be needed to prevent blowing fuel out of the open exhaust valve. However, you would need a full table to tune the phasing of the injection event across RPM and engine load to really benefit from the full-potential of the technology. I'm not sure if MoTec can handle this, but if so, that would further add to the costs that prevent me from seriously considering this technology.
Passatman

Re: direct injection waterboxer.

Post by Passatman »

I have a MS2 with v 3.0 board that i am going to assemble, but for some strange reason i am starting to think about the MS3, i think i am going to go MS3 soon just need the adapter board and the case.

Bought some KS 2.1 ltr original pistons today from one of our vw suppliers, really wanting to look at direct injection. What is funny is i had a look in google image on the some 2.0 FSI pistons and the surely look very close to the 2.1 ltr syncro pistons.

I will be checking to see if MS# can do direct injection i know that some of the guys on the MS forum was at one time trying to get MS to work on a diesel engine.