New cylinder heads in WBX head stud pattern

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
Tobi/DFL

New cylinder heads in WBX head stud pattern

Post by Tobi/DFL »

Hi,

maybe there will be a new aftermarket cylinder head for oxyboxer and7or 4" bore conversions available very soon. The first batch of 3 pairs have just been finished on the CNC mill and the first set will be tested on an 86x100mm oxyboxer this spring.
The heads are constructed from Thorsten Pieper from germany (some of you may know his tool steel type 1 lifters and dry sump oilpumps...) and are completely CNC milled. These heads are aimed especially for street use so they are extensively finned and there are air channels between the ports as well. They feature a o-ringed cosworth style inlet flange, 50cc combustion chambers, twin spark ignition, and a maximum of 50x40mm valves is possible.
Thorsten isn´t sure if there will be more sets made but if you are interested in a set I can forward you with his contact details (PM please).
What do you think about it?

Bye,

Tobi
TP0.jpg
TP1.jpg
TP2.jpg
TP3.jpg
TP5.jpg
TP6.jpg
TP7.jpg
TP8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tobi/DFL on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
david58

Re: New cylinder heads in WBX head stud pattern

Post by david58 »

Niiiicccceeeeeeee :D
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Wow, air cooled, dual plugs, stock valve cover? And what are the target cylinders?
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
Tobi/DFL

Post by Tobi/DFL »

As seen on the pics they take a 100mm bore. I´m planning a 4" or 4,02" bore on my future oxyboxer with these heads which should be no problem.

Tobi
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

I'm still confused of what cylinders are used? I only have experience converting the case to beetle head stud pattern and then adapting to aftermarket cylinders.
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.
Tobi/DFL

Post by Tobi/DFL »

There are many options possible. Thorsten will use 100mm Nikasils. I will use deutz 912 cylinders bored out to 4" or 4,02". Aftermarket cylinders from AA, Pauter, whoever would be possible as well.
fastback

Post by fastback »

wow! :shock:
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

Beautiful...what do they weigh? and a stock head?
Tobi/DFL

Post by Tobi/DFL »

Hmmm, I don´t know what they weigh. But I will receive my set tomorrow and could weigh them (they are bare heads though).
As you can see on the pics they are quite huge compared to a stock head. The idea behind this is that you can trim the fins according to the fanhousing you want to choose (Porsche style, Type 1 or whatever) and always have the maximum of cooling area with the chosen fanhousing.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Very nice.

I wish someone would take SCATs basic splitport idea and implement it properly like this.
All it would take is a different rocker box and it would even work well on a T4.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
viNce PanelvaN

Post by viNce PanelvaN »

Piledriver wrote:Very nice.

I wish someone would take SCATs basic splitport idea and implement it properly like this.
All it would take is a different rocker box and it would even work well on a T4.
Like these?

Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I was thinking more literally, (like 2 heads/side with a separate rocker box etc) but that looks like it would work just peachy :lol:

I'll figure out this weekend how deeply the taxman loves me, if those have a price, you never know :twisted:
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Tobi/DFL

Post by Tobi/DFL »

sideshow wrote:I'm still confused of what cylinders are used? I only have experience converting the case to beetle head stud pattern and then adapting to aftermarket cylinders.
Hi Sideshow,

yesterday I received my own pair of heads and could measure the bore for you. It´s 108mm.
TP16 Bohrung 108mm_Klein.jpg
Tobi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
riseabove

Post by riseabove »

all i can say is F*CKING BEAUTIFUL craftmanship !!!!! great stuff
Badbugtwo

Post by Badbugtwo »

It will be intersting to see the final price....