Oxyboxer?????i2.2 liter Chrysler bearings or Toyota bearings

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
3literboy

Re: Oxyboxer?????i2.2 liter Chrysler bearings or Toyota bear

Post by 3literboy »

Rocky wont do any work for me...

When I asked him to prep a wasserboxer case, he quoted me $2000.

So, I took my case to Brothers VW machine after I sawsalled the water jackets. They charged me $375 for case inserts, cut for 101.6, deck face , machine water jackets pretty and bronze lifter bores. If I use a type 1 crank, I just saved myself $1625 bucks.....

I have a porta tool if I want to cut the case for Chrysler bearings. I already have an adapter ring for the ass end. All i need is a ring for the front seal area. Jerry at Northwest Connecting rod set up my bore bar on a master jig. I can have him set it up for 2.5188 or whatever the 2.2 liter bearings are. Then I will use the thrust cutter to cut for shims. Once that is done, I will have the crank done for $100 bucks. i can get shims from Sacchette for $100 bucks....

I know that this jennings fella does superior machine work. He is a perfectionist...

I will look elsewhere

I may do all this work to find that the oil pressure still drops after 1/4 mile run...If that is the case, I should just install my Subaru motor and forget the wassserboxer case....Then I wont need a quad to tow the car to the pits after every race....

Hell, those Oregon racer dudes dont like me anyways...Whats adding a Subaru 3.3 liter to the equasion gonna hurt....

Whatever

Its a relief that ol jennings wont work on my stuff...
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Rocky/Pocket Rocket is in Washington, not Oregon.

:)

Let us know what you end up doing.

s
3literboy

Post by 3literboy »

I have an 82mm by chevy journal crank.

I remember how my wedgemated 86 by 94 wedgemated with ported Comp Eliminators and 15 to 1 never had a problem with a type 1 rear bearing and pulled to 8500 with 48IDAs. I should just get a wedgemated 82mm VW journal and use .060 0ver all type 1 bearings. Naaaah. I will get some Bronze from Sacchetter. Then I will cut it for 2.2 liter bearings. Then I will wait on doing the cranks mains and just cut the center main per what Sacchette says. Then I will have the Crank center Main journal cut to a .007 clearance.
Piledriver

Re: Oxyboxer?????i2.2 liter Chrysler bearings or Toyota bearings

Post by Piledriver »

What eventually happend here?
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.