how to wire in my 2.1wbx DJ engine in my vw1303

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
riseabove

how to wire in my 2.1wbx DJ engine in my vw1303

Post by riseabove »

Hi Guys !

I have the complete engine harness and Digijet boxes all connected together with the original T3 engine harness, now for the interresting part, how do i wire it all up to my 1303s existing wiringharness?

Guess that this info is somewhere here on the forum to be found but i have yet to find it... please help ?

Regards
Dann
Rallycross-style 1303 Wbx 2.1
Fully adjustable homemade coilovers , solid rosejoint fully adjustable camber/casterplates by own design
and so on... all performance mods are homegrown
westypoo

Re: how to wire in my 2.1wbx DJ engine in my vw1303

Post by westypoo »

best advise i can give is you need to get the wiring diagram for a vanagon WBX digijet. i just put one in my super beetle as well (1303), BUT im running mine on megasquirt. BUT if you get a Bentley repair manual, you can look up all the power/ grounds for the injection itself, and then mark thoes wires and hook them into the power/grounds into the bug itself. sounds a lot harder then it really is. if you can post up pics if the diagrahms, ill do my best to help ya out.

btw, i read your sig, got any pics of the stuff you build and of your car?
riseabove

Post by riseabove »

westypoo wrote:best advise i can give is you need to get the wiring diagram for a vanagon WBX digijet. i just put one in my super beetle as well (1303), BUT im running mine on megasquirt. BUT if you get a Bentley repair manual, you can look up all the power/ grounds for the injection itself, and then mark thoes wires and hook them into the power/grounds into the bug itself. sounds a lot harder then it really is. if you can post up pics if the diagrahms, ill do my best to help ya out.

btw, i read your sig, got any pics of the stuff you build and of your car?
i have a complete wiring diagram for the digijet, as far as i know there is only 2 wires that i need to connect to the actual beetle harness , power for the injectionsystem and the cable from the injectionsystem to the electric fuelpumps relay.

i hope that i will get this together later next week as we have a big vw meeting in 2 weeks that i want to attend with my car
fastback

Post by fastback »

If u get hold of this connector from the engine harness , it wires up like this:

thick RED= +12v battery
Black w/ yellow connector= switched +12v
from the multi connector:
Red/black = signal from the starter solenoid(to start the fuelpump when cranking)
Brown = Ground
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fastback on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
riseabove

Post by riseabove »

fastback wrote:If u get hold of this connector from the engine harness , it wires up like this:

RED= +12v battery
Black= switched +12v
Red/black = signal from the starter solenoid(to start the fuelpump when cranking)
Brown = Ground

Once again the nordics come to my rescue ! THANK YOU so much TACK TACK TACK TAKK :)
Rallycross-style 1303 Wbx 2.1
Fully adjustable homemade coilovers , solid rosejoint fully adjustable camber/casterplates by own design
and so on... all performance mods are homegrown
fastback

Post by fastback »

:) edited a bit