OXY newbie

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
58Dub

Re: OXY newbie

Post by 58Dub »

nice to see some progress being made....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 58Dub on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grelland

Post by grelland »

nice :)
bugtub

Post by bugtub »

I see you have machined where the barrels sit. Have you already worked out what the deck height will be or is there just a set amount that needs machining off?
For mine as the water jacket needs machining off any way I was thinking of taking 1mm off this face now, then adjusting the deck height with shims. Do you think 1mm would be enough or is it a bad idea?
58Dub

Post by 58Dub »

My understanding (im not doing the machine work) is that once the waterjackets are machined off, and case decks are made even, the piston deck height is set by shortening the cylinders. The cyls are shortened because the engine case is wider that a normal Type 1 case.
58Dub

Post by 58Dub »

Getting closer to getting my parts back home. Rocky sent me a pic of setting the deck height... and I think that should be it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
58Dub

Post by 58Dub »

Got the rest of my parts back. Looks good. Need to collect a few more $$$ for a few more parts and it will be time for assembly. The engine case work was done by Rocky Jennings and the crank was done by DPR.
58Dub

Post by 58Dub »

slow progress, but engine mock up has gone well... and parts are now sent out for coatings. Thermal barrier coatings on the piston tops, combustion chambers, exhaust ports and valves and low friction coatings on bearings, and piston skirts.
1386196.jpg
1386197.jpg