Schadek oil pump-fits so badly.

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
Piledriver

Re: Schadek oil pump-fits so badly.

Post by Piledriver »

AMBROSIA wrote: I have a friend skilled with a lathe but it looks tricky to setup for cutting :roll:
It's easy, you just need two pumps, an old one will do to chuck up in the lathe.
Bolt it face<>face with the new one, clock it in centered and Bob's your uncle..

I went with a .100" wide groove.055"-ish deep.
("0" size orings are .062-.065" cross section)
The wider groove provides room to squish some as needed.
If you are running metric orings, let the machinist know what works and adapt as needed.

If you carefully polish/radius/deburr the pump hole/ports, it is POSSIBLE to get it in an assembled engine, grease is your friend.
(I suggest doing the polishing/deburring etc on an unassembled block)

The oring must be a bit undersized (somewhat stretch fit) for the pump or it will squish a loop out into the ports and get cut.
Getting it back OUT however may require an act of congress, or at least the proper pump puller.

Installing it with the block on the halfshell is highly recommended tho.

I put an oring on BOTH sides of the passages, leave clearance for case passages offsets.
They way you don't get an external leak either... Even works on cast iron pumps.

..Of course if they'd just make the damned things the right sizes, it would be easy.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
AMBROSIA

Re: Schadek oil pump-fits so badly.

Post by AMBROSIA »

It's easy, you just need two pumps, an old one will do to chuck up in the lathe.
Why did I not think about that :lol:
Thanks for the info buddy :)