pics of my first rail build**update*** new pics

Post pictures of your pride and joy here!
bumblebeecaz

pics of my first rail build**update*** new pics

Post by bumblebeecaz »

this is summer 2008 , the first summer i built this
freshly wired headlights ,turns, and tails
Last edited by bumblebeecaz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
perrib

Post by perrib »

Clean and simple just like the old days. I see you also have a QC inspector. :) Did you install a skid plate yet? Put some 235 70 15s or 7.00 15s on the front and you will think you just bought a Cadillac. The front will roll over rather than fall in most ruts.
bumblebeecaz

Post by bumblebeecaz »

since i posted the last pics , i have added a spare tire rack and change the tire size to more of a street performance type of thing. i'm having a hard time finding places around here to go off-road, so i figured i would go the next route , and get my rail street legal and have fun messing the kids around here that drive honda's and think there sh$$ don't stink. don't get me wrong i used to drive a honda , but it is just the kids that drive them.

spare tire holder ,don't pay attention to the hose clamps holding it down, wanted to make sure it would work and look good before i perm mount it

new look with smaller tires.
perrib

Post by perrib »

Do not forget a large tie down to keep the tire in place. I use a 2" wide tire strap. Theres always urban offroading alleys, picnics in the park.
bumblebeecaz

Post by bumblebeecaz »

that would help :lol: , already done
70_67vwbug

Post by 70_67vwbug »

That looks awesome, i'd love to make my rail street legal but idk if i could do it in oklahoma.