How To: Post a pic

Post pictures of your pride and joy here!
crvc

How I do it

Post by crvc »

Maybe everyone has figured out how to do it. But in case not, I put the photos on photobucket. Then go back and click once on the address and hit ctrl C. Then go to shop talk and post a reply. In the body I hit ctrl V. This comes up and anyone who clicks it will see the photo. Like this:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/k ... =imgAnch12
ALA650LE1

Post by ALA650LE1 »

Last edited by ALA650LE1 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
BeetleBug70

Post by BeetleBug70 »

OK... I have learnt how to post a picture in these forums using photo bucket.

I can get my picture small enough to put it under my name but it gets rejected because of the 91 x91 pixels, I don't know how to do that.

I also see alot of white boxes with a red cross in it. I can still see some picture's though, so it's selective.

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Thanks.
:)
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Most any photo editing program will resize pics. Usually, once you enter the "resize" mode, a screen will present itself that allows you to resize your pic to a certain number of pixels. This is the one for you. Whichever side of your pic is bigger, resize it down to 90 pixels and maintain the "aspect ratio" (maintains pic proportions). Save the pic in the smaller size and your ready to go.

Hope this helps.

doc
BeetleBug70

Post by BeetleBug70 »

Well... I understood the part about other sites can resize photo's, but you lost me at 'resize' mode.

Sorry. When I think of Pixels, I see Pixi's even though I know they are the little dots that make up the images on a screen.

I need a step by step job. If you have a link where I can go & learn would be handy.

You have to think 'basic' when it comes to computers & me. Thanks anyway.
:oops:
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Ask a friend to let you look at a photo program. Almost any one will do. You probably have one on your computer. The resize command will be a menu item, maybe under the Edit link on the tool bar. Almost all of them work the same. It's pretty easy, if you'll just have a look.

Good luck.

doc
BeetleBug70

Post by BeetleBug70 »

I have Image Shack on my computer. I know it resize's picture's for Avatar's & forums, I just don't know how to use it.

I doesn't matter really. I can live without it.

Thank you for your help.
:wink:
EvilleT

See if I can get my 67 photo

Post by EvilleT »

evernon

test - need help!

Post by evernon »

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... G_2875.jpg

OK, I give up!

I can post a link to a photo @ photobucket but how are people getting photos to show up directly in posts?
Last edited by evernon on Mon May 12, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
david58

Re: test - need help!

Post by david58 »

evernon wrote:http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... G_2875.jpg

OK, I give up!

I can post a link to a photo @ photobucket but how are people getting photos to show up directly in posts?

If you take out ?action=view&current= it will post
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
evernon

Post by evernon »

I made the edits you suggested and still no luck!
david58

Post by david58 »

Go back to my post and quote it then you can see how the http is in your post and how I changed it to make it post a pic.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
foxtail1

Post by foxtail1 »

I give up trying to make an avatar that will fit the less than12k. Or if there is someone that can do it for me I will email you the photo.

Please reply to my normao email at [email protected]

Thanks.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

In RoysToys post above, he has uploaded his picture to the http://good-times.webshots.com website. This is same type of free picture hosting website as Photobucket and Imageshack. There are lots of them. Search "free image hosting" in google for your choice. Many members use Photobucket or Imageshack. You will have to register on one of these sites but they are free and if you check the "No, I don't want to be contacted with special offers" box, you will receive very little nonsense email.

In the site above, RoysToys has uploaded his pic (read website for simple instructions to transfer your pic from your hard drive to the website). Once uploaded to the image hosting site, about 1/2 way down the page, on the right hand side, there is a section titled "link to this picture". The third box down is titled "post in a forum". Highlight the code in this box, right click the highlight, then left click "Copy" on the drop down menu. All the pic hosting sites work almost exactly the same. In RoysToys case, the code actually posts a thumbnail (smaller version) of the pic that you can click on to see the pic full size. Other sites let you choose to either post the pic directly or a clickable thumbnail of the pic.

Now go to STF and paste the code into the appropriate spot in your post. That's it!

It is best, before you upload your pic to the image host site to resize the pic to about 600 pixels in width. Almost any imaging progam will resize. Most of the pics taken with digital cameras are much bigger. Resizing to around 600 pixels in width makes them just about right for viewing on the forums without having to scroll across. When you resize, select 600 for the width and put a check in the "maintain aspect ratio" box. This will keep the resized pic looking normal.

Another trick is to crop your image down to the important part before you resize. No one is very interested in seeing your garbage can on one side. So crop your pic down to the part you want to show. Keep in mind when cropping that sometimes it is important to leave part of the unimportant part in as a visual reference. It helps to see enough of an engine case to know what part your looking at.

If you want to post pics side by side, you need to post your copied code right next to each other, skipping just one space. If you enter it on the next line by pressing "Enter", the pics will show one on top of the other. If you want to post side by side, resize your pics to about 300 pixels wide.

Like many other things, posting pics can be tricky the first time you do it and a frustration when it doesn't turn out the way you want. But once you get through the process a time or two, it will take you just a minute or two. And a pic is worth a thousand words!! :D

doc