How To: Post a pic

Post pictures of your pride and joy here!
jaybug

Re: How To: Post a pic

Post by jaybug »

weldvair

Post by weldvair »

I hope my post does not offend anyone....but I like would like to attach pictures
without a complex posting sequence.

I am a car nut not a computer geek. Please make it like most of the other car sites &
make attaching pics easy, if its a matter of money I would be glad to contribute to the fix.

Don, mech engr :)
retired mech engr living in central florida
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Don,

You don't have to be a rocket scientist. If you'll get through the process a couple of times, it's easy.

Pics must be less than or equal to 800px wide to show "inline" in a post. If bigger, they will show as a link. This is the first step - resize your picture and save file. So resize those 2500px wide digital camera pics down to 800px wide. Click the little box that says "Maintain Aspect Ratio". Any photo program will resize. Lots of free ones on the net. The "Paint" program on all versions of windows will resize photos.

OK, pics resized to 800px wide. On the post screen (where you type your new message), below the posting area is a box labelled "Upload Attachment". Click the Browse button. That'll let you find the pic file on your computer. After you get your pic (file location will show in the box), click "Add the File". Afterwards, you may have to click the "Add Inline" button to get the appearance you want. Use the preview feature on a few posts to see all the little tricks.

This small learning inconvenience conserves both server space and expense and makes the downloads speedier for everyone.

If you enjoy the site, throw a couple of bucks into our PayPal account (Donate button - top right). All donations support the site; nobody gets paid.

doc
Mike T

Post by Mike T »

Like This.
3quarterview.JPG
Mike T
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.