Anyone used one of these to paint?

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
nsargeant

Anyone used one of these to paint?

Post by nsargeant »

I am thinking about buying one of these because of the lack of compressor and tools. Has anyone used one of these before? What were your results? I have painted a beetle before but I used my friends barn and all of his tools but its full of junk now. Do you think if the primer and paint is thinned out enough it could result in a decent paint job?

thanks,
nathan

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?item ... pe=PRODUCT
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Eastwood is excellent at standing behind their stuff.

Chances are if you call them with the exact materials you're going to be using they'll either guarantee it will work, or suggest something else.

Tim
racecar67

Post by racecar67 »

The primer you will probably not have a problem with. You have to go back and sand it. The color and top coat will be more of an issue, as you may have to content with dry edges from having to refill such a small quantity. Plus you will not have a very wide fan. That is probably more suited for small parts not all overs.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

I just reread my post..

Sorry for the "no answer" answer.

I'd hold out for a compressor and gun.
perrib

Post by perrib »

Get the Eastwood HLVP compressor and gun set up they sell. You will be able to resell it and get most of your investment back. I have seen several vehicles painted with it and they all looked nice.
hpw

Post by hpw »

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=44677

Haven't pulled the trigger on this yet, but plan on it and everything I have read

on this, it does a pretty bang up job. Self contained no compressor needed.

MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Please post back with your results..

I've always looked for quality used guns from body shops and then used compressors.. seems as if the air filter is the most important.

Just scored a VERY clean Sharpe for $50
marnat3

Post by marnat3 »

do you have to worry about moisture with that set-up from Harbor Freight?
hpw

Post by hpw »

marnat3 wrote:do you have to worry about moisture with that set-up from Harbor Freight?
no