heat and Body Filler?

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
cdupuy

heat and Body Filler?

Post by cdupuy »

Gentlemen:
I welded up the stock Aprin cutouts for the Exhaust, now need to use some filler to smooth it up. The question is will the Merged header heat the filler too much and destroy it.
dragvw2180

Re: heat and Body Filler?

Post by dragvw2180 »

If you are really concerned with heat you can always wrap the tubing with header wrap or create a heat shield between the tubing and the apron. I have seen a extractor system heat up the apron bad enough to loosen the body filler back there. Mike McCarthy
cdupuy

Post by cdupuy »

Yea I was thinking that, so i think i will abort the Body Filler and use lead been a long time since I used it hope i can find the old tools.
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

GLad to meet an old time craftsman, using lead is almost a lost art. Mike McCarthy
cdupuy

Post by cdupuy »

problem is, all that filing these old arms will be sore for a week, now where are those wooden paddles.
Thanks Mike.
dragvw2180

Post by dragvw2180 »

I still have my old files and paddles , an old man taught me how to do it named Augie back in the 70's . Mike McCarthy
cdupuy

Post by cdupuy »

Would be my granfather teaching me, a long time ago. It is a bunch of work over the plastic though.
The term "Lead Sled" was used to describe those cars that were Chopped, "Z"'d, Sectioned, and ultamately Leaded where needed.
Clarence