Wanted to hear some opinions!

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
BuckinFug66

Wanted to hear some opinions!

Post by BuckinFug66 »

So I've had this 69' for a few months now, and I need to do something paint wise or do something so this f%*ker won't keep rusting on me... Thought about throwing some "sharkskin" clear coat stuff on there, because I kinda like the look of it kinda rusted and worn down, I guess you could say, but I also would like to murder it out all black.... I'm telling you right now, it won't be painted in a professional shop, it will be painted outside with some rattlecans , so it probably won't be the best paint job, BUT it will be done by someone who works at a paint and body shop... So since he knows what he's doing with paint, I'd assume it'd come out looking decent.... Lemme know what you guys think,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madmike

Re: Wanted to hear some opinions!

Post by madmike »

Mr Fug, luv the handle :lol: :lol: It will take 6 cans :wink: :lol:( u live in the 'Rust Belt'?)
and you'l have some left over for 'touch up' :lol: I did my VolksRod Satin black.
Cheers,Madmike
BuckinFug66

Post by BuckinFug66 »

madmike wrote:Mr Fug, luv the handle :lol: :lol: It will take 6 cans :wink: :lol:( u live in the 'Rust Belt'?)
and you'l have some left over for 'touch up' :lol: I did my VolksRod Satin black.
Cheers,Madmike
Sounds good!! Appreciate it lolol

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

The rattle can paints now days are not as bad as they used to be. Since you apparently have someone that knows how to squirt paint I am sure he/she knows how to seal things before color is applied.

They are now advertizing a paint you can come back later and peel off so you could quite easily have a new look when ever you wanted including a cameo job which seems to be in vogue in places. $$$

I have seen some pretty smooth,streak free rattle can jobs (now days the same rattle can paint can be purchased in bulk, including clears I think) but that would be up to your artist's skills. Getting the body cleaned and protected is what you need now. If I remember correctly, primers still allow and hold moisture so you want to get past that before the wet months hit us.
BuckinFug66

Post by BuckinFug66 »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:The rattle can paints now days are not as bad as they used to be. Since you apparently have someone that knows how to squirt paint I am sure he/she knows how to seal things before color is applied.

They are now advertizing a paint you can come back later and peel off so you could quite easily have a new look when ever you wanted including a cameo job which seems to be in vogue in places. $$$

I have seen some pretty smooth,streak free rattle can jobs (now days the same rattle can paint can be purchased in bulk, including clears I think) but that would be up to your artist's skills. Getting the body cleaned and protected is what you need now. If I remember correctly, primers still allow and hold moisture so you want to get past that before the wet months hit us.
Appreciate the feed back, this helps a lot, at this point it sounds like I'm doing it this weekend, so it will definitely be done quick lol...way before the wet months, and I was thinking about the paint you can peel off or plasti- dip I guess, thanks again for the help

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Just make sure it is a good name brand of paint and that originates "on shore".
BuckinFug66

Post by BuckinFug66 »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:Just make sure it is a good name brand of paint and that originates "on shore".
I gotcha, was planning on goin with the higher quality stuff...already goin the cheap way with the rattle cans, might as well get the best quality cans that I can