Strange Sound?

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Bug-a-natic

Strange Sound?

Post by Bug-a-natic »

Greeting all,I'm having a strange sucking sound from my stock 2.0 Type 4 . I travelled a few evenings ago to a location that was 10 miles of almost 45 deg hills . When i was about to shut down and i turned the key off the engine "dieseled". After i restarted some 5 min later, I have this shelly sucking sound coming from the engine. Thought it was the alternator bearing, took the belt and the sound is still there. There is oil right up to the full indicator on the dipstick. I checked the intake silicone boots to see if they are leaking and they are fine. What could be the problem?
will take any suggestions.
dstar

Post by dstar »

T4s don't have silicone boots........
:lol:

Can't you trace this sound down? Does the pitch change with engine RPM?

The engine got HOT, if it diesled after turning off the ignition.
You sure it isn't a BLOWING sound? How is the blowby?

Check for vacumn leaks?

Don
Bug-a-natic

Strange Sound

Post by Bug-a-natic »

Hi Dstar, I am using a dbl barell webber carb. This has 4 silicone boots on the intake system. beyond this the "sucking sound" dies out when i put the pedal to the metal but once i let off the gas it raises it's ugly head. Hope that i could describe it as best as i could. Cheers!!!