AA steps up quality of their 96mm cylinders!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

AA steps up quality of their 96mm cylinders!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

They are still made in China but their most recent design has really impresed Brent and I. These cylinders are what we use for engine kits (unless someone has OEM cores for boring) and in times past we threw away 20-30% of the ones that we received due to porosity, cracks or other issues.

The issues were so bad previously that I had already made my mind up to discontinue these and all of the AA economy sets from the store due to quality, but before I had time to give them the news they stepped up and made the part better without needing more than the typical harrassment that I give vendors when things are not up to par.. :roll:

They have totally changed the entire cylinder and everything about it looks and measures much better. Only time will tell just how good they are but it is good to see that the finish, machining and materials are now drastically improved over the cylinders we received only two months ago from them.

Its kind of funny to be bragging about a China made part, but if you could have compared the two side by side you'd understand why the changes impressed us.

Our complete engines will stay with OEM bored German cylinders until the stock of them is totally depleted.. I'll be running some of these(AA units) in a future Turbo test engine and I'll see what it takes to split one-

Since we don't use these in our engines full reports of longevity and wear won't be available, and unfortunately they are an economy part that doesn't deserve to be thoroughly researched the way that we generally do things here...

But they are CHEAP!
dstar

Post by dstar »

BUWAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA!

That word caught MY attention!
:lol:

Don
BigOlJohnson

Post by BigOlJohnson »

How much is a set of 96er Jake?

I have paid a little over $120, trying to get 4 USABLE,
OEM cyls off of ESlay. :shock:

I hate liars and thiefs.
:x

IF you have a POS part, THROW IT IN THE TRASH!
Don't sell it on ESlay, saying it is a GREAT PART! OEM! NOT A SPECK
OF RUST!

Lying bastids...........
:evil:

BOJ
Last edited by BigOlJohnson on Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

The improvements are being passed along to the 94s too?
Bus?

How do they compare to the Cofaps?
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I don't use Cofaps, never have... I haven't even seen a set in years so I can't answer the question very well at all..

They have supposedly changed all the molds, but all I have seen are the 96s at this point.