DFI components?

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
shambly

DFI components?

Post by shambly »

Jake,

Are there any DFI components that you are willing to sell through your type4store?

I'm thinking your new DTM billet pulley balanced with a 36-1 toothed wheel, and also the pickup mount?

Also would you sell your throttle linkage with both the Carb and EFI end links so i'm both covered for my existing carbs and throttle bodies later?

I'm currently planning to take a DFI step ahead of going EFI...

Thanks
Simon
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Simon,
The system that I previously used has been discontinued and I'm currently working with a second manufacturer of a DFI system that can be fitted to the TIV using my same bracketry..

When did you want to do this swap?? Got a couple of months?
shambly

Post by shambly »

Jake,

Yes, i'm think of doing this over the coming winter, along with a low profile deep sump :D etc...

I was thinking of initially monitoring a 36-1 wheel using my DL-32 datalogger (which has finally arrived just AFTER the 500 mile Le Mans round trip) , and then when happy with reliability of the signal being provided moving to MJLJ/EDIS direct injection as a step towards "proper" combined fuel injection/DFI.

So i'm not necessarily after a full turnkey DFI solution - but would look at investing an a "proper" DFI ECU from you if it was extendable to EFI as well (Ideally one that accepts a WBO2 input from my LC-1).

Let me know your thoughts... but i want to ultimately get away from the Mallory/Carbs. I'm an electronic engineer by profession after all :lol:
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Choose whichever system you want to run and I can fit the crank wheel for you no issue.. 8)
shambly

Post by shambly »

Cool! 8)

Any issues you can forsee running wasted spark on my 2270 performer?

I think my plans are coming together.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Only benefits. I see 10% power increases with DFI and wasted spark consistently.
shambly

Post by shambly »

I've sourced my EDIS parts & your Jenvey buy is timely :D

Thinking microsquirt for the brain and to go straight for EFI w/DFI.

As i'll need to place an order at the store for the Jenveys can I order a pulley for modification at the same time? Likewise a sump.

Any recomendations for horns and filters for the Jenveys?

Thanks
Simon