Making serious progress on the Vert! Pics within!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Making serious progress on the Vert! Pics within!

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

We have really made some tracks on Beth's vert in the last couple of weeks! All the major body items are installed and most of the Carbon Fiber too!

I am doing something special with the fuel tank and when it's finished it'll be the finishing touch on the trunk area. We only lack the fabrication for the mounts and install of the 911 front seats and buttoning up the interior with the instruments, console and etc to finish off the interior. I am doing a ton of little things like installing a steering wheel from a 2003 Boxster S and also whacking off the tops of 911 pedals to be used on the VW pedal assembly for that classic 911 look/feel under the foot.

I am awaiting the A/C kit from Gilmore Enterprises before we mock up the engine/trans install so the Turbo header and system can be fabbed in the car. A Turbo car with A/C is sure to make people wonder how the hell we did it!

The rear of the car will be finished later this week when I install the Koni shocks, torque bar and my new intermediate mount set up. The front end is complete as well as the brakes on all 4 corners (discs).

This build is coming together pretty fast, the engine will be finished and on the dyno next week!

We have really had fun building this car, Beth has done a lot of the work her self including most of the dirty work- not bad for an accountant!

We should be ready for a debut at EuroFest in late fall at the BMW factory in South Carolina!

Here are some pics!

scott s

Post by scott s »

Stunning. It's lie you read my mind and built a dream Super-'vert. I sure wish I still had my '75....
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Yep, this is a '79...

Not bad for a 100% daily driver!

No matter how hard I try I can't help but detail everything- its driving me nuts!
Passatman

Post by Passatman »

Did you guys clean the inside of the chassis jake, if so how did you do it as i need to do this on my chassis when i convert it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

The car didn't come off the pan- didn't need it. We had everything media blasted and then we coated it all with POR 15 afterward. The car also has a serious dose of Line X in all the floor pans, trunk, engine bay and parcel tray. In places it's up to 3/8" thick for noise reduction more than anything else....
NO_H2O

Post by NO_H2O »

It looks better every time I see it.
DudeAndHisBus

Re: Making serious progress on the Vert! Pics within!

Post by DudeAndHisBus »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:We should be ready for a debut at EuroFest in late fall at the BMW factory in South Carolina!
When is EuroFest anyway? It's about a half hour from my house.
Wally

Post by Wally »

Really nice!

Those fender guards are very functional, as I have recently found out on the track: my lower rear fenders has numerous black stripes on them due to rubber bits flying around (and off my tires I'am sure).
Not funny when you have a white car...
T4T: 2,4ltr Type 4 Turbo engine, 10.58 1/4 mi
www.apfelbeck.nl
"Mine isn't turbo'd to make a slow engine fast, but to make a fast engine insane" - Chip Birks
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Yep, we have done most everything as fully functional items.
86svo

Post by 86svo »

Where did you get those running boards and fender guards and light bezles?

Tim
MassIVe 79 Vert

Post by MassIVe 79 Vert »

86svo wrote:Where did you get those running boards and fender guards and light bezles?

Tim
If I told you, I'd have to kill you :shock:

Seriously though, it's a private source that doesn't want to advertise publically...sorry.
samcat

Post by samcat »

MassIVe 79 Vert wrote:
86svo wrote:Where did you get those running boards and fender guards and light bezles?

Tim
If I told you, I'd have to kill you :shock:

Seriously though, it's a private source that doesn't want to advertise publically...sorry.
:D ;)

I have my own ones...

Cya,
Sam C
ʇɐɔɯɐs
86svo

Post by 86svo »

Does this private source want to sell some more?

Tim
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Not at the present. If they do we'll certainly be bringin the stuff to the market!
86svo

Post by 86svo »

Then you suck,how dare you guys come on here with parts like that and not want to sell them! :cry: lol

Tim