dtm surround tins

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
mdmax72

dtm surround tins

Post by mdmax72 »

Question for you that have already fitted your dtm surround tin. In the process of installing my own but have clearance problems with the left rear tin looking from pulley end of the block,it seem to be catching the shroud part for the oil cooler tower bottom hole if that makes any sense?? Got an idea to overcome this but just want to make sure. If anyone or you have some pictures handy jake, would be gratefull. Also what connects to the bottom hole of the oil cooler at the back of the dtm??? cheers Rich
crocteau

Post by crocteau »

Rich, If I understand correctly your tin is catching the top edge of the chute for the hot air exhaust at the bottom of the oil cooler box, so you may have the tin mounted too close to the oil cooler box. If you can't get some clearance by enlarging the bolt hole in the bottom bend you might try increasing the angle of the bend so the tin leans more toward the firewall. You shouldn't need to fit any sort of extension tube into the exhaust hole at bottom of the oil cooler box; when the engine is installed the hot air coming out there will just blow into the space between the trans and the wheel.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Do you have some pics of the interferance? from your description I cannot picture the problem very well.
mdmax72

Post by mdmax72 »

Charley,
you hit the nail on the head. If l change the bend angle of the rear mounting (l shape piece) bracket, this will move the 2 rear tins forward to the front of the car which will clear the problem area. Though not to sure if this is the right way to go about it. Will try and post some pictures and let you both have a look.

Cheers