CB Perf. Update Kit on Weber 44 IDFs. Worth it?

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Cloudbuster

CB Perf. Update Kit on Weber 44 IDFs. Worth it?

Post by Cloudbuster »

Is the CB Performance Update Kit for Webers (44 IDFs) seem worthwhile for a 2270/2316? (The one with the horizontal bars instead of secondary venturis) Current venturis are already 36mm.

Is jetting affected tremendously?

Thanks!
-mark
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I have never had good luck with them..
500LbGorilla

Post by 500LbGorilla »

If you can't make them work right normally, there is something else wrong. The larger vents are nice, but you can get those.. the spraybar setup I'm not too keen on.
farmer

Post by farmer »

On a side note. CSP in Germany alters the kits before selling them. It is among other things, exactly that, the spray tube.
whether it is worth it or not is a bit hard to say. Because the back to back tests I have seen, was all made on an engine that had sufficient breathing through a normal 44 IDF. They improoved power by 4 - 6 hp on 2 liter T1´s What they should have done, was to test it on a firebreathing big cc motor that really could use say a set of 48´s instead. THEN it would shine bright how much improovement there really was.
The Spanish 40 IDF seems to benefit a good deal from the kit. BUT, its even worse to jet afterwards, compared to a normal set up carb. But when you get there, you can make the transition about as smooth as an old set of Italian IDF´s or DellOrto carbs.
T