Scat DTM pulley

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
paul_f

Scat DTM pulley

Post by paul_f »

Jake - is it possible to remove the adaptor that you have fitted to the back side of the pulley? If so any tips on doing so.

I want to mount a 36-1 wheel onto my Scat DTM pulley. Unfortunately due to the BAS exhaust it can't go on the front of the pulley, so it will need to be fitted to the rear.

I would like to remove the adaptor so I can then machine both it and the pulley to make the adaptor sit further in to then allow a 5mm thick steel disc to be fitted.
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Good Luck!

I installed those spacers with a .004 interferance fit using the hot/cold method and they are VERY difficult to remove!

What you might do is machine the thickness of your trigger wheel from the spacer in a lathe. When the trigger is fitted the pulley spacing is corrected and you don't compromise the pulley when doing so.
paul_f

Post by paul_f »

With that much of an interference fit I don't think I have a chance, but it also gives me confidence that I won't have a problem machining some off that spacer.

But whilst looking through the forums I spotted the picture set of the billet pulleys :wink:
I'm probably going to tear down the engine over winter, and I think I need to get the flywheel machined - so maybe I need a billet pulley - especially as the timing marks on my pulley are getting a little tired!

Paul
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yep- The billet pulleys made life so much easier here and they look bitchin too!