The "Super 2 liter plus" outline revealed!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Can Drive Soon

Post by Can Drive Soon »

Piledriver wrote:(full runs take ~12 hrs on an Athlon 2800+ Barton)
My Pentium 4 is currently running at 3.841 GHz.

And what on earth is the point of supercharging a Honduh engine :( ? Its not like its cool to do that. It'll just start to make stock chevy power rating with that on. :P

Now superchargin a TIV is cool. Image

All watercooled 4-bangers Image
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Can Drive Soon wrote:
Piledriver wrote:(full runs take ~12 hrs on an Athlon 2800+ Barton)
My Pentium 4 is currently running at 3.841 GHz.
Great, just install Linux or *BSD, or Solaris, and OpenFOAM, and you can try it too.
I'll even send you a rolled up tarball of the whole thing so you don't have to spend hours trolling message boards to get it to run at all.

Clock speed, just like raw RPMs, ain't everything---Even intel has finally figured that out.

I suspect your rig might be 5-10% faster on this absolutely non SSE code.
Maybe. Probably not. Only one sure way to tell...

In any case, IMHO the output is still interesting even if the model IS of a Honda, e-mail or PM if you just want the "videos".
(Xvid, ~10Mb ea)

Just for reference it shows combustion progression using different plug locations, all else being the same.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Can Drive Soon

Post by Can Drive Soon »

I'll have to see about dloading a copy of Linux, always wanted to okay with it a bit, but never motivated. I have to get ready for school now, I'll see about getting it by tomorrow.
wilson

Post by wilson »

JAKE -
You've had this baby together for a few weeks now, no? Any new news? Although I love my 2056 I'd jump at an engine with the specs that you are hoping for, to bad I won't part with my type 3 for I am guessing that it would be quite an expensive engine for a T3 considering the different layout?
Thanks - Wilson
2.0 69'Square 8)
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Wilson,
The Super 2 Liter certainly is one of my most expensive engines, topped only by the "Super Hero" line of crazy performance engines in price.

This is because of all the special coatings and processes that help us push the limits to get mega efficiency. Also fuel injection and direct fire ignition are a must for this combination to allow maximum tunability of each spectrum of the engine, fuel injection gives us the ability to move the engine's peak torque a bit to maximize your gearing and to also be form fit to the operating range of the engine a bit more.

We are waiting on a Stainless Steel Muffler for the engine we are currently working with (it's 2 weeks late) and Beth's engine is apart again for some internal changes to compliment its "Change". More later on that!
Can Drive Soon

Post by Can Drive Soon »

Is the fuel injection direct? I read on a GM website that injecting the fuel straight into the cylinder like a diesel improves efficiently.
huw'sspeedster

Post by huw'sspeedster »

Any progress?You have far too many interesting developements ongoig for you own good and my inquisitive overactive mind,my wife just asked for a bug so my mind is off already!
MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Still in the works...
914fan

Post by 914fan »

Jake,
I thought I heard you say on the raido show that you had run the basic version, and were working on the turbo version. Is that corect? If so what were the general results of the first 2.0+?
Nick