"Bug Me" videos

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
harryset

"Bug Me" videos

Post by harryset »

If you don't own a couple of these, shame on you.

They have shown me tips and tricks that have given me the confidence to charge ahead with much of my VW engine and body work. A couple of others that are great are the J-Bugs interior and exterior restoration videos.

These videos are worth their weight in gold.
'72 Standard
"I am the proud owner of a "Hoover Bit".

185 60's, EMPI disc kit, EMPI 2 1/2" dropped spindles on the front.
185 65's and stock binders on the back.
SecondSkin - Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro for sound control.
msauls

Re: "Bug Me" videos

Post by msauls »

I agree, the DVD's have given me confidence on many items i would normally be timid attempting.

One question though: Everyone has different thoughts and procedures on doing things. You hear it over and over on websites, forums and even published books that have statements people disagree with.
I have never heard anyone refute any of the techniques that Rick Higgins teaches. Is he really right all the time!!?!?! Is there anything they do in the videos that would not be 'good practice' these days?

just something I was pondering... :)
harryset

Post by harryset »

In the ones I have watched, I haven't noticed anything glaringly wrong. He does show you alternative ways to take things apart and reassemble. He doesn't seem to be stuck on using a seal puller, or installer, when he has a hammer and punch handy. :roll: Actually it was greatly because he didn't strictly use the big buck tools that helped give me a little more confidence to do some of my work.

One thing that I was showing my son. . . His kid was painting some primer on a pan, used a nice respirator while doing it. As soon as he put the brush down, he pulled off the respirator to narrate the video, like the fumes magically disapated simply because he put down the brush.
'72 Standard
"I am the proud owner of a "Hoover Bit".

185 60's, EMPI disc kit, EMPI 2 1/2" dropped spindles on the front.
185 65's and stock binders on the back.
SecondSkin - Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro for sound control.
caslor

Post by caslor »

i have bought all the series of bug me video...

it is a very nice to start...

i agree that some methods are not the professional way to do it.. but is the way for someone that dont have the money to spend for the right tools

i think that is a good money to spend for these dvds because ''one image is like a thousand words'' you can see a path of doing something.. and see that is not so hard as may you were thinking...