Throttle Shaft leaking.

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
ronholm

Throttle Shaft leaking.

Post by ronholm »

Any good tricks to fix a leaking one?

I have re-bushed a couple lawn mower Carbs with the brass from a tire valve stem...

Need to come up with a solution for the carb for my buggy?

I am probably going to order up some brass and do it right ... but anyone have any fun ideas :P :P
fusername

Re: Throttle Shaft leaking.

Post by fusername »

for what carb? there is a writeup in the ORF on rebushing the kadrons in a drill press. mcmastercarr will have whatever bushing your carbs need i bet!
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
hugging corners

Post by hugging corners »

if it is 34 pic you can seal it the way people do for turbo application
They install gas resistant o-rings on the shaft, you have to drill a housing on the carb body and slight viton o-ring.
secondly you take a shaft out and put it in drill press, hold hand saw and hitch it as it rotates. put the o-ring in the grove big enough for haft to freely rotate, but sealed enough to hold the air (do the cut slowly and watch material removed). Harbor freight has viton seals in all sizes as apackage for 10 bucks. i'm sure it can be dont to other carbs as well.
david58

Post by david58 »

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
GA_Boy

Post by GA_Boy »

Here is a source for bushings.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sleeve-bearings/=du4nyc

Marvin
hugging corners

Post by hugging corners »

the hole that is being reamend in 34 pict had 2 diameters-
1- diameter of the shaft
2- diameter of bushing

reamers have 2 sizes- on the blade, and different size on the stem- i think its more difficult than just using 1 size reamer for 34pict

just rebuild the carb last night and got the project running for the first time!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
72 1300

Post by 72 1300 »

Will this work with a hand reamer, will it centre up ???