Craftsman jacks

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
Chris V

Craftsman jacks

Post by Chris V »

So, I was planning on calling Sears in the next couple days about a couple jacks we own. While both were seemingly great jacks just a few years back, they're the worst pieces of crap I've used as of today :x

Even my buddy has one like just like them, and they all suffer the same problem, with the heim at the base of the handle breaking. And now both of mine won't go up more than ~1/2 way with a load on them. Hopefully they're serviceable, race season starts in about 70 days...does anyone else suffer from this problem?
David Miskov

Re: Craftsman jacks

Post by David Miskov »

I've had the same Craftsman 1 1/4 ton jack for over 30 years.
The new ones are probably made in China.
Stray Catalyst

Post by Stray Catalyst »

Crapsman once was high quality, but they got over it. Now they aren't much better than Harbor Freight - shinier, and a lot more expensive, but the tools are probably coming out of the same sweat shops in China.

Stray
harryset

Post by harryset »

My old Craftsman 1 1/4 ton is the best tool in the shop, although it weighs as much as my bug.
'72 Standard
"I am the proud owner of a "Hoover Bit".

185 60's, EMPI disc kit, EMPI 2 1/2" dropped spindles on the front.
185 65's and stock binders on the back.
SecondSkin - Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro for sound control.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Bounce jack part numbers against Sears Parts website.... IF there is a KIT for jack I would attempt to fix them, if not I would consider getting rid of them (or maybe check web for any hydraulic jack repair sites/kits)...

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... d=26128388

IF jacks are unreliable, they are dangerous, use a jack stand even if you are only changing a tire....

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"