who owns a linocln TIG pedal?

General tips/tricks/tools that could be utilized on any platform.
fusername

Re: who owns a linocln TIG pedal?

Post by fusername »

htat last post has exactly what I had been looking for, L4546 is the code for the dwg, technically the "machine code" is 6187, I am not sure what the L4546 is, probably a more specific designation to differentiate between minor changes within the same family of welder. THe pdf you linked covers my machine and others, I do have that saved on my HDD.

Huge relief to not have to hand-transpose the schematic into something more legible tho, that is gonna save me an hour or three of hair pulling so a big THANKS on that. I was looking for it but never turned it up, I swear I googled L4546 but never saw that post before. On the bright side lincoln emailed me back and gave me 2 useless but new pdfs, essentially the same info repeated but its something. still no image of the factory hand current control. however it does have a hand written note in the margin "1000 ohm, 12.5 w" so that is nice! Means the resisotor actually has too high of a value, meaning I am getting less current than expected for the first bulk of the sweep of the pot, which doesn’t seem right. makes me suspicious of a modification inside the machine.

2 new answers, one more question it seems!
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
fusername

Post by fusername »

for posteriety and curious parties in the future, here are teh docs I got.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I'm delighted my Google-fu was finally useful. :lol:
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
fusername

Post by fusername »

put a beefy spring into the pedal, removed my zip tie mcgiver fix, now it is almost like a real machine. gonna chop up some stock and get some practice in today. stupid warping...