IRS camber ajusters have arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
marcotheturbosteamengine

IRS camber ajusters have arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by marcotheturbosteamengine »

i have been thinking about this for a very long time, so iv finaly got off of my fat arse and have finaly made some :shock: .
they use the same princable as stock and use the aftermarket red rubbers, it replaces the steel spacer tube and the funny stock bolt, with an off center peice with an ajusting tag and a 14mm bolt and locating washer.
Thay are CNC'd, laser cut steel with zinc coating
They will fit stock irs cars using bug T1 arms(including 944/924/T3 arms)
The cost will be around £80 uk for the pair

i will get some photos up very soon.
if anybodys intrested post a reply below.
thanks
marco mansi...........
gcorrado

Post by gcorrado »

well at the very least i'd be intereste in seeing the picts!
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Very interested in seeing these!
1303wasserbug

Post by 1303wasserbug »

yeh i'm interested, jus camber adjust thou? not hight as well?
Tom Notch

Post by Tom Notch »

Is your design anything like what a 944 uses?
Tom

Tom's Old VW Home
DVKK
DSD, dark side disciples
marcotheturbosteamengine

Tom Notch wrote:Is your design anything like what a 944 uses?
what dose a 944 use?
i think what you are talking about is on the spring plate that allows hight ajustment,
my ajuster is on the inner mount on the frame fork leg.

where No. 11 is and replaces No. 10

you remove the steel tube and replace with my ajuster.
1303wasserbug

Post by 1303wasserbug »

ahh ok. how much adjustment can you get out of that? and would it be able to lock in place so camber does not self adjust while driving?
en8rjb

Post by en8rjb »

Yes very interested in seeing these!
I'm building my car at the moment and I have an issue with camber. I'm running 6" x 15 Fuchs with 205 x 65's and the top of the tyre leans in a fair bit when at the desired ride height (about a fingers gap between the tyre and wing). (Its a swing axel 60's pan converted to IRS)

Also have an issue when running these wheels that the stick out a bit too far so may also have to move the bearing carrier in and inch or so, (german look forum). Also using CB race strength rear disc brake kit which I think pushed them out a bit further, 1/8" - 1/4"

Please let me know how they are coming along, some pictures would be great to see how they work.

Rich
Bruceg

Post by Bruceg »

I'm interested. Post some pictures and the range of camber you can get compaired to stock.
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Bruceg wrote:I'm interested. Post some pictures and the range of camber you can get compaired to stock.
x2
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
Ben Franklin
marcotheturbosteamengine

ok ive got some pics, i put the ajuster in a irs weld-in bracket so you can see exaclty how they work and how they are offset,
so far there in a couple of cars in the Outlawflat4's. i cant tell you exatly how much they move the camber, but i can say that the cars running them have been lowered and are now running 0-deg camber with a combination of my ajusters and the regular way of twisting the a-arm.

If anybody would like to buy a pair off me e-mail [email protected]
Southernbug

Rear IRS Adjusters

Post by Southernbug »

That looks very interesting. Please explain how the adjustment works.

Thanks,
Shane
Brent Bousman

Post by Brent Bousman »

I can see in pic #3 the offset shaft that will tilt the arm on the inside. So if the slots in the spring plate are not modified/cut to go up (instead of just forward/backward for toe adj) then how does your replacement shaft affect camber at the plate and ultimately the wheel camber? Possibly I am missing something here and just need an explanation.
Bruceg

Post by Bruceg »

Marco: This looks good. I have a couple of questions:
-How does it come apart to install the bushings?
-Does it require any changes to the existing IRS suspension pickup point
-Have you considered using a uniball / spherical bushing instead of the polyurethane?
marcotheturbosteamengine

Bruceg wrote:Marco: This looks good. I have a couple of questions:
-How does it come apart to install the bushings?
-Does it require any changes to the existing IRS suspension pickup point
-Have you considered using a uniball / spherical bushing instead of the polyurethane?
ok there are 3 parts the bolt,the locating washer(just after the bolt) and the off-center section with ajusting tag, this part goes into the rubber bush that goes into the arm, then you assemble original washer first, then the arm with ajuster then the push the washer into the irs bracket then the bolt holds everything together,
there are no mods to the original irs needed.
i have considered using a uniball / spherical bushing instead of the polyurethane but if it wass easy then someone would have already done it,
to my knolage these are the first ajuster of this kind on the market, thay will get better in time.
thanks marco mansi.....