mild resto with swap HELP!!!!!!!

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
badbaja209

mild resto with swap HELP!!!!!!!

Post by badbaja209 »

hey how it going i recently received 70 beetle that had been a little modified its a 110 chassis and a 113 motor swap im lookin for answers on how too lift a little bit more i dont wanna do a body lift i was thining of doing new spindles in the front a move my torsion bar 1 tooth or 2 can anyone help me on this
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: mild resto with swap HELP!!!!!!!

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

This chart works for raising or lowering a Bug.

You can also use trailing arms with adjusters (I don't know if they come with adjustable dual spring plate which a '70 should have so that may not be a viable option. If you go to single adjustable spring plates then you have to change trailing arms also: the number of bolts and their location change between single and double spring plates which is the reason.

Getting the nose up on a BJ beam is a bit harder; cut and turn both of the tubes on the front beam, adjusters (AVIS if you are only on the street is easier but you should keep after them for tightness or the Sway-a-way style for all around town, rough alleys and off-road). For the short distance you are talking about this probably your best option.

The lifted spindles out there I think are more than an inch (I don't remember seeing any that are less), something like between 3 and 4 inches. You are now talking about an whole other thing (no pun intended).

Lee
badbaja209

Re: mild resto with swap HELP!!!!!!!

Post by badbaja209 »

ok because yesterday on another forum on here i read that drop spindles in the front will lift me 2 inch in the front and a 6 piece tube kit that spaces the distance between suspension and bracket and that should lift the rear 2 to 4 inches with out touching my torsion bars is this true?????? and also i noticed that my chassis and shell are 110 228 7490 which i could figure out if it was a late 69 or a early 70 also my engine has been swapped i believe its 113 101 102 b5 ive had 5 or 6 people tell me im wrong or misread the numbers and i cant put pictures cause i have no camera so can any help on this ..............thanks for that chart ol'fog