Drop spindle questions

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Drop spindle questions

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I am not sure what "OG" means. To a girl it is: OG, OG, OG when she is excited! :twisted:

I tried to get across that I was shooting in the wind to see what would come up. If the fenders are OK and the same, the area where they mount is OK, then check the frame head to make sure it hasn't twisted or been knocked out of "Whang". Its not unusual to have some off-set but an inch difference is a lot. Maybe it is supposed to be that way but sometimes ya just gotta go thru the whole shebang whether it makes sense or not.

Don't give up, it is probably something easy but ya gotta find it.

Lee
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

OG=="Original German"
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

"OG" = Original (piledriver, I was typing when you posted, but your's looks better than mine) :D

Talking further with my father, the fenders are not original, but are replacement german fenders that he put on when he had the car painted when he first got it. The car was stripped and painted , but was not a "body off pan" paint job. This was in 1976 when you could still get german parts and you didn't have to settle for brazillian or repops. And he confirmed the car has had no major damage to the front that would cause this.
I think I'll just stick to the plan I have formulated currently, narrow the beam and no adjusters.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Your plan sounds good to me.

What I was digging for: is there a difference in shapes/sizes from year to year. Lets say an early fender and a later fender may have a shape/contour difference and both could have been obtained by accident and put on.

When I was still working it was my job to not only review/check what they had done (often times I had last signature approval) but to ask questions, getting people to think, about what they had done and what they had used as a decision point. Sneaky at times but a couple of times it made a really big difference.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

They look the same to me and they measure pretty much the same.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Good, just trying to cover bases.