Ride height and handling balance

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Ride height and handling balance

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Thanks Marc, good to learn something new.

Phillip, more like the type of rail I am use to. :wink:
buildabiggerboxer

Re: Ride height and handling balance

Post by buildabiggerboxer »

Pile, re your handling thread, we found the self same trait in the early days of the BEETLE CUP series, in our case, as Marc eluded to above, drivers were lowering cars quickly on the day, often after practice, and pre loading the z bar, the greater the static load, the more the inside wheel was loaded in turns, hence strong understeer, in my case it was mega as i used a 19mm z bar, we all went off on our own remedys, we were all 'learning' the cars in the first year, my 'cure' for the finals was to bang in cut down T3 bump stops to raise it, sometimes we had only 20-30 mins to finals call, in that respect the cars were infinetly tunable, by the second year, SAW 25mm and up to 30mm rear t bars made the z bars and bump stops redundant and understeer banished, the trade off was less forgiving kerb hopping ability and inside rear lifting to deal with, but we knocked 2 full seconds off a short lap time, oddly they were still quick in the rain and still needed the front bar softening off...As above, check shes not sitting on the bump rubbers or z bar. on the otherhand of course, being IRS it wont use a z bar lol..