Brake Setup

For road racing, autocrossing, or just taking that curve in style. Oh yea, and stopping!
TJ530

Brake Setup

Post by TJ530 »

Hello everyone,
I’ve been taking a bit of a break while getting school/work set up and am ready to get back into it.
So I’m still trying to find a decently priced brake setup with ventilated rotors after snooping around a few forums I’ve arrived with this set up.
4x100 VW Topline brake rotors cut down into 4x100 hubs
Mini Cooper 11.5” 4x100 Brake Rotors Front and rear.
Front Calipers: Acura Integra Type R sliding caliper 57mm
Rear Calipers: Acura NSX Sliding Caliper 48mm
With the stock 19mm MC this gives a brake bias of 60%F and 40%R.
Anyone have any input on MC sizing, and bias? Obviously custom brackets will have to made to fit the calipers in the right spot. The NSX rear calipers have an integrated E-brake.
vwo60

Re: Brake Setup

Post by vwo60 »

For the front rotors you could use the Kerscher rotors, same dimension as the standard rotors and fit straight on, I have a set on my Ghia. https://www.kerscher-tuning.de/kaefer/detail.php?id=88
H2OSB

Post by H2OSB »

The problem with Kerscher rotors is they're very expensive to get to the States. Great how they bolt directly on to Ghia/late Bug/1302/1303 spindles as well as T3/T4/Porsche 914, however they're very cost prohibitive.

I tried for a while to get a set for my crazy (crazy for what I did to install them, not because they're exotic or overly powerful) brake set up, but in the end used 944 spindles and modded 944 hubs/rotors (my car is a 1303).

H2OSB
vwo60

Post by vwo60 »

I live in Australia, they where still cost effective if you take into account what you have to buy and modify to do you original design, I have made two complete front hub set's to use the 944 front rotor and mazda RX7 4 spot calipers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.