Photo Gallery - Hall of Fame & Hall of Shame

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
MNAirHead

Photo Gallery - Hall of Fame & Hall of Shame

Post by MNAirHead »

Ok.. truth and gloat time..

Post them up...

We want to see what you REALLY have under that chunk of cardboard...

Spaghetti or FAA quality stuff...

Post the good, bad and ugly.
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Tom Notch wrote:Kool, a sparkie home.

may the E M Force be with you.

spagetti Os :P
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

Bob2088

Any chance you could post some pix of work you've done?
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

2088 bob

Post by 2088 bob »

I picked this group of pictures for a very specific reason ,I do apologize for the quality of the pics as they scanned photos. I rarely ever get time to take pics of our work ,cause you know everybody wants their car yesterday.

I picked this particular car for a few reasons
1) this is a pretty straight forward simple install on a glass car
2) it puts the panel in a conventional vw layout
3) it uses a readily available, simple ,reasonably priced ,good quality panel from Haywire .
4) it shows a small trick i like to use with glass cars and that is to provide a dedicated ground bus system i will go into this later
5) it shows conduit routing thru the tunnel

this car uses no ignition key, just a simple progressive toggle switch for ignition and start .It is a bare bones simple straight forward system it took about 42 manhours to complete ,it is expandable .Last word i heard from this customer it will be getting a turbocharged suby, from Outback Motorsports, but all the provisions for this are allready in place
volkswagenadict

Post by volkswagenadict »

WOW bob....thats real nice work

this would be a great thread if more people would post theirs up......brings up a good point into what NEEDS to be done next in my bug

Ill get a pic of my spaghetti while Im out there today
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

I just picked up a 55 rag yesterday.. has never been touched.. will be taking and posting pix soon.. just as the germans wanted it.
volkswagenadict

Post by volkswagenadict »

here is what I got to deal with...pretty much how I got it from PO...havent began to clean it up (waiting on gettin a complete harness to make it easier) besides installing new radio (i didnt cut the dash, PO did) and a tach.....aha what a mess
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

volkswagenadict wrote:here is what I got to deal with...pretty much how I got it from PO...havent began to clean it up (waiting on gettin a complete harness to make it easier) besides installing new radio (i didnt cut the dash, PO did) and a tach.....aha what a mess
Now that's the S I'm talking about.. finally an honest guy.

They did you a favor and used multi colors...

Please open up a thread and we'll go through the corrections.
david58

Post by david58 »

2088 bob

Post by 2088 bob »

David please don,t leave me hanging, more info on above picture

You know this is going to grab my attention
david58

Post by david58 »

http://www.dunebuggy.com/news-views.shtm
It is a pic one their website of a proto type off road car that should be out this summer.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
All_talk

Post by All_talk »

My '59 Vert... its some where between jet fighter and noodles with meat balls. Converted to 12V and glass fuses, the two relays next to the flasher convert the 3 circuit tail light output fron the stock turn signal switch to a 2 circuit (for my '56 Chevy tail lights).

And one showing the more presentable side of things. The rear speaker box is removable for more luggage space, wires unplug under the rear seat.

Gary
2088 bob

Post by 2088 bob »

another tidy looking install is that a couple of marrettes i see hanging there gary

i like your idea for the front speaker mtding
All_talk

Post by All_talk »

2088 bob wrote:another tidy looking install is that a couple of marrettes i see hanging there gary

i like your idea for the front speaker mtding
I've never heard them call "marrettes" (had to Google it), but it looks like theat the proper name for them, who knew... I always called them wire nuts. :) But yes, you are correct, its on the stereo speaker wires, that CD player does double duty, summers in the vert, winters in a Subaru, so ease of disconnect was the idea, power connections are screw termimals. I always intended to switch those over to blades or bullets, but you know how it goes... no squeek, no grease.

Thanks for the good word on the speaker mounting, I'm very happy with how it came out, less of the aftermarket add on feel. For a while I thought I'd bulid a few of those glove box doors and see if I could sell them but I never did.

Gary