Turn Signal Wiring 2 Bulb System to 1 Bulb System

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
david58

Re: Turn Signal Wiring 2 Bulb System to 1 Bulb System

Post by david58 »

Looks like all I have to do is dig back into the harness and find the white brake light wire and tie it into the trailer connector that says brake and it will work.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

david58 wrote:I have to wire it in to find out. Didn't get around to it today, but it should be no problem.
So first result is a nice "video" of der flashing lamps and nothing more....

Dale
"Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson
1970 "Kellison Sand Piper Roadster"
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

david58 wrote:I have to wire it in to find out. Didn't get around to it today, but it should be no problem.
So first result is a nice "video" of den blinkenden Lampen and nothing more....

I think what we really want to see is, den blinkenden Lampen mit Ampeln

Dale
david58

Post by david58 »

LOL I got to the shop this morning at 5 am, so I don't think you want to see them working no more than I do. OK here is where I am at with my ohm meter on the white brake light wire with everything connected the way it is. (White brake light wire not connected to the trailer connector and I have a short to ground on that circuit.) I took the 1157 bulbs out of the rear the short is still there. So I have to find the short to ground. If I disconnect the turn signal wiring 1 foot from the turn signal switch I lose the short to ground. So I got to go back into the harness to the switch and see what I did wrong. I believe what I will find is that the white wire which is ground for the rear lights is wired to the stop lamp white wire. So it is a matter of cutting those 2 wires and connecting them up right to fix the problem.

Now I have no short to ground on the white brake light wire. Simple mistake easy to correct.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
david58

Post by david58 »

Lights work.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Have you got the brakelight switch(es) bypassed to keep the stoplights on? I don't see anything holding the pedal down.
Anyway, looks like the main issue is resolved.
david58

Post by david58 »

Marc wrote:Have you got the brakelight switch(es) bypassed to keep the stoplights on? I don't see anything holding the pedal down.
Anyway, looks like the main issue is resolved.
Yes the switch is bypassed because there is no fluid in the brake system.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

Now with any kind of luck module will last more than a week....

Dale
david58

Post by david58 »

Dale M. wrote:Now with any kind of luck module will last more than a week....

Dale
I have never seen one fail, not saying they don't, but have you seen them fail? I can see intermittent failures from issues with crimp connectors like the Quick splice into a wire pinch together type.
But I don't see having a problem with the solid type connectors I used.
I tugged hard on each one.
Dale M.

Post by Dale M. »

I killed two of them (same brand) trying to get a tow light bar to work in my Honda Passport so I could flat tow my buggy behind.... After Second failure went to different brand name and it worked "somewhat" better wasn't really sure I liked the slight pulse (bright /dim) of "STOP" lamp on non-turn side though......

This is what turned me off to all these converters and led me to developing the relays or going to the better quality stuff by Signal Dynamics...

Even after market Chinese turn signal switch is better than converter....But the Peterson Model V500 (?) is even better (what Chinese unit was copied from)

Dale