LED Headlights?

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
Lingwendil

Re: LED Headlights?

Post by Lingwendil »

Having actually been in a buddies miata that had some very nice and expensive LED headlights I can tell you first hand that they are much worse than sealed beams. It was pretty scary actually. They are great for supplemental lighting but terrible for general lighting without having a sizable array of them like the OEM ones use.

Get a nice pair of H4 housings (like legit Hella E codes) with good bulbs in them, and give them a nice supply of current through clean wiring, connections, and preferably a relay, and you will do very well.
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

Stories coming out about the leds not melting ice/snow off of headlites like the warmer bulbs.
TJ530

Post by TJ530 »

I need to upload the pics of mine to Photobucket so I can put them on here but I just installed some JW Speaker 7" LED Headlights and have nothing bad to say about them. Puts out a lot of light with a nice sharp cutoff while lowering the amount of current used.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I keep looking at LED headlights hoping the prices will come down as they become std OE parts.
Hasn't happened yet.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.