LED Headlights?

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.

Moderator: 2088 bob

Lingwendil

Re: LED Headlights?

Post by Lingwendil » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:59 pm

Having actually been in a buddies miata that had some very nice and expensive LED headlights I can tell you first hand that they are much worse than sealed beams. It was pretty scary actually. They are great for supplemental lighting but terrible for general lighting without having a sizable array of them like the OEM ones use.

Get a nice pair of H4 housings (like legit Hella E codes) with good bulbs in them, and give them a nice supply of current through clean wiring, connections, and preferably a relay, and you will do very well.

cbeck

Post by cbeck » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:22 am

Stories coming out about the leds not melting ice/snow off of headlites like the warmer bulbs.

TJ530

Post by TJ530 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:02 pm

I need to upload the pics of mine to Photobucket so I can put them on here but I just installed some JW Speaker 7" LED Headlights and have nothing bad to say about them. Puts out a lot of light with a nice sharp cutoff while lowering the amount of current used.

Piledriver

Post by Piledriver » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:15 pm

I keep looking at LED headlights hoping the prices will come down as they become std OE parts.
Hasn't happened yet.
I, for one, regularly embrace our new robot overlords, as I am the guy fixing the robots...